Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

solar panel pricing

Aqua-pure Portadown

went and done a commercial gutter clear today and noticed they had solar panels on the roof,it's a low pitch roof so easy to walk on and clean the panels with access great too , Have done any panels before and was wondering what price per panel .There are 271 panels on this roof ?

tia

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

went and done a commercial gutter clear today and noticed they had solar panels on the roof,it's a low pitch roof so easy to walk on and clean the panels with access great too , Have done any panels before and was wondering what price per panel .There are 271 panels on this roof ?
tia

Personally I would judge roughly how long it will take and work out a £p/h and stick to that for the first one. tell them that after the first one you will review the price and if it takes longer than expected then just tell them what next time will cost. Once they have seen u do a good job they'll have you back!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

How long will it take you to do it ? Do you need access equipment? How dirty are they ? What does the dirt consist off ? How high is the building ? What's access like all these things will affect the price so its difficult to say only you can decide what you want to earn per day , if the number of panels you have were a ground mount system it shouldnt take more than 3 hours depending on the above mentioned points , however roof mounted panels can take a lot longer

How long will it take you to do it ? Do you need access equipment? How dirty are they ? What does the dirt consist off ? How high is the building ? What's access like all these things will affect the price so its difficult to say only you can decide what you want to earn per day , if the number of panels you have were a ground mount system it shouldnt take more than 3 hours depending on the above mentioned points , however roof mounted panels can take a lot longer
Pjj the panels are only up two years on a 1 story workshop roof don't seem to bad just a bit of green at the btms of the panels (approx 1 to 2 inches ) easy access and tap beside if I want to fill as I use and the roof is a very low pitch so easy footing .

Sounds like an easy job then, if you are going to be using the pole at shoulder height for some time it might be a bit tiring on the shoulders as you will be using different muscles , I got caught out like this on the first few I did price well

Sounds like an easy job then, if you are going to be using the pole at shoulder height for some time it might be a bit tiring on the shoulders as you will be using different muscles , I got caught out like this on the first few I did price well
no I will be on the roof so waist height ,even better :)

pjj what type of fall arrest do you use in those type of jobs as there is no anchor points on the roof ??

If there is no anchor points you have to put a climbing grade rope over the roof fix it to an unmovable object front and rear tie an alpine butterfly knot at the ridge line of the roof connect your harness line to it with a rocker this will allow you to walk up the roof but if you slip it will lock off and prevent you falling it's very good kit we use it at the Firestation , Ime a watch manager and we use it for going on roofs to chimney fires etc , it's a bit difficult to explain how it works but if you have any decent climbing shops neer you they should be able to explain and sort you out with what you need and how to use it safely , it's not cheep but if looked after will last years , this again is why I don't do much solar work on roofs now as no one wants to pay a reasonable price for the job in hand

If there is no anchor points you have to put a climbing grade rope over the roof fix it to an unmovable object front and rear tie an alpine butterfly knot at the ridge line of the roof connect your harness line to it with a rocker this will allow you to walk up the roof but if you slip it will lock off and prevent you falling it's very good kit we use it at the Firestation , Ime a watch manager and we use it for going on roofs to chimney fires etc , it's a bit difficult to explain how it works but if you have any decent climbing shops neer you they should be able to explain and sort you out with what you need and how to use it safely , it's not cheep but if looked after will last years , this again is why I don't do much solar work on roofs now as no one wants to pay a reasonable price for the job in hand
maybe more gassle than its worth [emoji16] might cost more for kit than pay and don't do much in the this line of work !!

That's the problem people don't appreciate what is involved with doing the job safely , that's why we try and do as much from the ground as possible

That's the problem people don't appreciate what is involved with doing the job safely , that's why we try and do as much from the ground as possible

Latest Posts

Back