Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar Panel farms

WCF

Help Support WCF:

no money in them I do a few because I know the right people , they had quotes from 11p-42p a panel !!!

one from Germany using a roller bursh on a tractor and two guys following it with back packs to remove any small marks , there were 16p a panel and could easy do 2-4000 panels aday !

We have stoped doing them for the same reason it's not financially viable , more hassle than it's worth , also working on one site for weeks on end is so boring , expand your window cleaning far more profitable and 4 weekly work easy peasy

Hi Pjj

Were you tractor operated or on foot?

Cheers.

We have stoped doing them for the same reason it's not financially viable , more hassle than it's worth , also working on one site for weeks on end is so boring , expand your window cleaning far more profitable and 4 weekly work easy peasy

We did them by hand with poles ,some of the sites wouldn't be able to fit a tractor between the rows bit narrow and sloping ground some could be done that way though , when we started doing them several years ago I thought it was only a matter of time before it would be mechanised

I have just quoted for three large solar panel installations in Dorset

I cleaned the stonework on the landowners house so he pushed for me to be able to quote

Awkward access with steep slopes.

I spent half a day looking round them and deciding a price that I thought was cheap enough but was unsuccessful in my bid

Someone was almost 50% cheaper!

I couldn't believe that anybody could do them so cheap.

Back