Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

VAT Reg for dometsic

cardiffwinclean

Anyone one on here VAT registered? We've got to start charging domestic customers soon and I'm worried about the 20% increase in prices. Anyone lost customers over this?

I would say either stay under the 82k or go way over it to make it worth your while.
I've been to my accountants this afternoon. 86k is what he told me. He told me not to worry about going VAT registered /emoticons/biggrin.png

Even going LTD is a lot more hassle than sole trading.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd, can you tell us a bit about going LTD please. Accountant told me there is a lot more paperwork and also his fees go up a lot. He said if you're turning over 50k a year it's worth looking into. What are the benefits of going LTD green?

I've got this very same problem... no more avoiding it... bank statements don't lie, even if cash does!! I've been worried about my residential but was at a party the other day speaking to some woman and she said if she was happy with a service and had to pay VAT then that's life... she would in any other service that qualified so it eased me a bit... I was gonna swallow the 20% myself then increase their price next year but now I'm gonna send a letter round explaining if I leave an invoice then it has to have VAT on it but start letter with no price increase for two years.... **** it, I reckon we're the best or at least go the extra mile... worth 20% especially if u know I've got no choice.... then go heavy on commercial next year as they don't care and pray it all balances out... you'll never be rich if you don't go through the VAT barrier...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Have you looked into the flat rate VAT scheme. Look on HMRC web page
Sounds like we qualify?! Interesting that would make it 16.5% instead... accountant is preparing lots of changes for new financial year so hopefully he finds best way for us but thanks that was interesting and if we qualify that's less for residential customers to bother about... even if it's only 3.5% less will sound better in the letter.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Will flat rate scheme you still charge it at 20% but pay 16.5% vat on your turnover rather than claiming vat back on your expenses. I'd say that is a bad deal for wfp but your accountant will do the sums for you. Personally I think you will lose domestic customers with the 20% rise. How much commercial do you do? What's the structure of your business now. Is your wife involved?

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services

Latest Posts

Back