James Allen

Headstone cleaning

James Allen

So I have gone on abit of a twist with softwashing .

And started doing headstones with a softwash

And the results have been amazing on it I have had number of people contacting me over it .

5915cb3ee075c_2017-02-0412_19_38.jpg.989a026a5d0496b13bb0a6055146b76e.jpg

5915cb3ee7d5c_2017-02-0412_21_32.jpg.73fa381c44721b8a505427b783128a68.jpg

Cristian

Nice result, I really don't think I could charge for cleaning headstones of people's loved ones, but that's my opinion!

Natty1972

It's a service, it's not that bad ..always grotty headstones in the church yard , not that I would do them

BigFoot

Funeral directors seam to be ok with making a profit from death, I'd have no issue. It is a service and the above photo of the young child's headstone looks significantly improved, we want the best for our loved ones in life and death. I'd be ok with charging accordingly.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

James Allen
Interesting info. Does it pay well?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it for a loved ones grave that had been neglected over the years

Hi sorry for late reply I got £25 for 15 mins work on this one but I knew the family so I gave them a little discountil too

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

James Allen
How on earth do you advertise for that?

I just put a ad up on facebook . Had over 100 enquiries so far . I know there not concrete answers but the interest is there

Clisty1989

What do you use? Been asked to do one, said I'd have to do some research before I say yes, they had a quote for £130!! Lovely custys so wanna make sure I do a good job

Cristian

Would depend what type of stone or polished etc and how dirty it was and anything delicate on it like picture plaques etc. Anything from No nonsense degreaser to a hypo mix of appropriate strength for the job on hand :thumbsup:

James Allen
What do you use? Been asked to do one, said I'd have to do some research before I say yes, they had a quote for £130!! Lovely custys so wanna make sure I do a good job

On mine I used a 10.1 hypo mix

James Allen

On mine I used a 10.1 hypo mix

Eviestevie

There's a bloke local to me who has 2 vans going out restoring headstones

Ive spoken to him about what he uses before and he users a fast array of chemicals as well as hypo

Some he has to have license for

Was enough to put me off to be honest

But that said there is definatly a market for it

Putting cards and couple off before and after on church notice boards is the way to go

BigFoot

Interesting videos on cleaning headstones.

[media]

[/media]

The second video is mor restoration but touches on cleaning and seams to knows his stuff

[media]

[/media]

David K

Man ! Getting in a bad mood looking at that little ones grave ...:( Poor one .

James Allen
There's a bloke local to me who has 2 vans going out restoring headstones

Ive spoken to him about what he uses before and he users a fast array of chemicals as well as hypo

Some he has to have license for

Was enough to put me off to be honest

But that said there is definatly a market for it

Putting cards and couple off before and after on church notice boards is the way to go

There definitely is a call for it I have had 20 people ask for a quote and got for booked in for next month

BigFoot
There definitely is a call for it I have had 20 people ask for a quote and got for booked in for next month

How are you going about advertising it and are you washing the headstones regularly for them or one offs?

I'm very interested in this line of work as an add on.

James Allen
How are you going about advertising it and are you washing the headstones regularly for them or one offs?

I am just advertising through social media likes of facebook and twitter . And there just one off cleans .

adamangler

I'd feel a bit guilty spray a load of hypo over people's graves lol doesn't feel right.

James Allen
I'd feel a bit guilty spray a load of hypo over people's graves lol doesn't feel right.

It doesn't go all over the grave use a pump sprayer and then it is controlled.

James Allen

At the end of the day customers spend anywhere from 500 to over a 1000 for a head stone for there loved one there not going to like it going greeen so we are jist providing a service to help them

Pjj
At the end of the day customers spend anywhere from 500 to over a 1000 for a head stone for there loved one there not going to like it going greeen so we are jist providing a service to help them

That's cheap I've just paid £1750 for one for my mum and it's nothing special

James Allen
That's cheap I've just paid £1750 for one for my mum and it's nothing special

Wow that's expensive pjj.

That's why I also put 500 to 1000 and over . As there difervent prices up and down the country .

Pjj

I couldn't find anything for less than £1000 the one I have got isn't extravagant either walking around the local cemetery I think a lot of the graves with big headstones and granite sides must cost several thousand !!!!!

Green Pro Clean Ltd

My paternal Grandad passed in 83. He and my nan lived in Orpington.

He was burried at Sydenham Hill.

Granny dont drive and to best of my knowledge to this day hasn't been to visit the grave since the day of the funeral.

I'm sure she would have paid happily on the odd occassion for someone to tend to it.