Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stupid trad questions - apologies in advance!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamiesmack

Hi all,

Ive been cleaning WFP for a couple of years now, but really need to improve my trad technique. I rarely do insides, and when I do i muddle my way through them, and am never 100% happy. I dont think that a window cleaner that cant use a squeegee properly looks very professional!

I had been using the moerman squeegee, but just cant get along with it, so have just bought myself a more traditional Unger ergotec 14".

*Stupid question alert*

how far past the edge of the channel do you have the rubber? do you need to cut it flush?

Do you recommend dog-earing the channel (i heard someone mention this the other day lol) and if so, can you tell me how to do it?

If you have any other trad advice, or can link me to some Id really appreciate it!

I have mine over about 5mm either side no dog earing I was trad for 4 years .trick is don't soak the glass either use a spray bottle ..on internals I lay down bath towels just incase of drips etc always wipe the blade when you have done one window too.

As Akwindows says, don't soak the window too much. Personally I don't use a trigger spray, just the usual tradding tools. I do follow the squeegee with my applicator underneath to catch any drips.

It really is practice practice practice...

Good luck

I found holding mine more like a pen helps, also use less pressure. It should glide over glass and not be dragged. @daveyboy has done vids on here in the past which may help

In the middle of changing starter motor on kangoo but will post something later

Sent you a couple of vids

Make sure you have plenty of soap and it will be fine

Practice, practice, practice. On your own windows.

I use Unger ergotec 10" squeegee and 14" applicator.

1 wet pouch for sill cloth, 1 dry pouch for glass cloth.

Unger blue microfibre sill cloth, large green Unger microfibre glass cloth.

Bucket on a belt.

Unger green bucket 17litres I think it is. Pure water and gg4 detergent.

No 'dogeared' just standard rubber 5mm excess either side of squeegee channel.

Also recommend a frame ladders, much easier to put your body in a good position to clean windows, I have a 6ft single and 3.5m double.

All good.

Good video.

I've just spent the afternoon cutting twenty 36" rubbers down to 12" - my stocks are back up to the brim.

The Stanley blade & hammer worked a treat :thumbsup:

Did it on the bread board which the Mrs wasn't best pleased about but hey, you can't have everything;)

Latest Posts

Back