Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pre filter leak

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sean murray

Got my new ro system from pure freedom today. Fist time with wfp so a wee bit unsure as to what I am doing.

Set up as shown on YouTube video. Turn on tap to flush out and water is leaking out of the top of the pre filter housing. Turned off and unscrewed it. Put back on and still leaking. Any ideas? It is the clear one, don't know what it is called.
35e675059c55a1cfbf7ada6048804f87.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There should be , if you un screw one that's not leaking you'll see the o ring, ( it will be either black or clear ) that's what seals the filter housing to the unit . Don't tighten too tight aswell!

There should be , if you un screw one that's not leaking you'll see the o ring, ( it will be either black or clear ) that's what seals the filter housing to the unit . Don't tighten too tight aswell!
Think I've sorted it. Took filter off took rubber out (it was there) felt like there was a wee kink in it. Put it back and it's all sexy. (So far)

Next problem. Been flushing for two hours. Blue pipe is reading 180ppm (that's before di) is this too high to put through di filter? Think I read that needs to be under 30?

Am I doing something stupid?

what the reading of the other output, they may be the wrong way round.

my RO goes into DI at 6ppm from 430ppm

when you flush your getting 90% waste is that right.

when producing it should be 3-1 ish, 3 waste to 1 pure is it still the same.

it sounds like something is plumbed wrong to be that high.

you probably have already. but check all the pipes again.

can you check each membrane output seperatly. see if they are working as individuals.

Right. Took all membranes out and cleaned them and the housings. They were full of black sh1t. So now before di the reading is 22ppm. However the water coming out of the di is 21ppm.

Aaaagggghhhh.

Any ideas?

Right. Took all membranes out and cleaned them and the housings. They were full of black sh1t. So now before di the reading is 22ppm. However the water coming out of the di is 21ppm.Aaaagggghhhh.

Any ideas?
What DI Filter you have?

you should be getting 0ppm then.

make sure in and out are the right way round and its all sealed correctly.

sound as though the water goes in and straight out if the ppm is nearly the same

Latest Posts

Back