Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another price this

jayjay76

New to commercial, not sure what to quote for this or if I should bother, but some rough prices would help thanks
e47da00fd86773a2b08edffbe419b209.jpg
2c1e1e54b113392d1871746bd185579b.jpg
f7addabffa98a811292a2b7d8d5f3d6a.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

£2 a window for commercial is generally how I price them if that helps.

Looks about £75 for me as a rough idea from the photos.

I'm off to quote a school tomorrow for the first time. God knows what price they're expecting but I'll stick to my usual commercial pricing and if they turn me down so be it

I'm off to quote a school tomorrow for the first time. God knows what price they're expecting but I'll stick to my usual commercial pricing and if they turn me down so be it
Yeah that helps thanks mate, not sure whether to bother with commercial at the moment

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I do a few schools and I feel at times I have under priced them but I earn £40-50 an hour on them so not that bad the ones I have had longterm well over 5 years have always worked out well .

But 2-3 month ago one of them which I was contracted to clean twice per annum said can you leave them till the spring this would have been their 3rd clean :mad: from now on when I quote jobs they are getting T&C's any change in frequency to the pre agreed schedule outlined in the quotation will incur a cancellation fee of £25.00 and the price on the next clean will increase to reflect the extra work involved or along those lines .

The said school did not respond to my email which I sent a few days after informing them that I was happy to alter the schedule and an increased price from £150 per clean twice per annum to £215 once a year that was over 2 months ago , Just cover yourself is all as those business managers can be funny buggers .

I do a few schools and I feel at times I have under priced them but I earn £40-50 an hour on them so not that bad the ones I have had longterm well over 5 years have always worked out well .
But 2-3 month ago one of them which I was contracted to clean twice per annum said can you leave them till the spring this would have been their 3rd clean :mad: from now on when I quote jobs they are getting T&C's any change in frequency to the pre agreed schedule outlined in the quotation will incur a cancellation fee of £25.00 and the price on the next clean will increase to reflect the extra work involved or along those lines .

The said school did not respond to my email which I sent a few days after informing them that I was happy to alter the schedule and an increased price from £150 per clean twice per annum to £215 once a year that was over 2 months ago , Just cover yourself is all as those business managers can be funny buggers .
It was so bad I didn't want it. Quoted them £325. One of the governors came straight back saying that was reasonable and will confirm with the head teacher this week. Didn't think they'd go for it. Still don't want it lol

It was so bad I didn't want it. Quoted them £325. One of the governors came straight back saying that was reasonable and will confirm with the head teacher this week. Didn't think they'd go for it. Still don't want it lol
Once you have done them once it will be fine , I had one that was a bit more work than I had anticipated , But its almost 3 hours non stop graft all in with travel and its a good earner , I like schools a lot as they are good earners and I usually get paid within a week or so .

It looks like they might do room rentals looking at the first floor. If they don't mind a 7.30 - 8.00 start £45 - £50 if you have to wait till later when people around the building stick some more on.

Back