Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ideas?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowangel

Hi

Just joined the forum and finding all the topics very useful, just a couple of things i wondered about:

With summer and hot days approaching what would be appropriate to wear?

I also have some inside jobs coming up so wondered if there were any tips on that?

One of my customers requested I clean their insides barefoot (seemed pretty cool) /emoticons/tongue.png

Any similar stories?

thanks

Tell that customer if she is going to be ridiculous your not coming back. You should wear shoe covers though IMO. As with what to wear, iam wearing jeans and a tshirt with logos on it and a pair of hiking boots. I have a jumper and coats in the van if I need them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

A polo shirt with your logo on would keep you cool and still look pro. I hate VistaPrint but they're good for things like this. I've got a voucher of anyone wants one!

thanks sounds like good advice up until now I've been pretty much wearing whatever i can find, usually my hoodies, or on really hot day shirtless.

I also have some shorts but sometimes wonder if that is appropriate?

any others out there who have just worn shorts only during a job?

thanks /emoticons/tongue.png

Hi Windowangel welcome to the forum. Myself I wear usually cargo type shorts and logo'd black polo, I don't think shirtless gives a particularly good impression and barefoot I think not lol.

Yeah I agree with Dodger there, shorts are fine, but shirtless is a no no. I've seen window cleaners do it, but personally I think this sets a very bad impression. As for advice for cleaning inside peoples homes;

• Be curtious, work your way around the property and always knock closed doors before entering /emoticons/tongue.png
  • Shoes cover will protect the customers carpets, if they still wanted it barefoot, I would say no, we have to be wearing suitable foot protection, for safety reasons.
  • When turning in windows is you intend on doing that, always watch out for the blinds and curtains to make sure you dont cause any damage.
  • Keeping your applicator under the squeegee to control the water and avoid drips on there carpets, and if the window is turned in and your cleaning the outsides from the insides. Always finish you stroke, towards the hinge of the window. This will ensure any drips on the final stroke will drop onto the sill of the window and not the carpet.
  • You can also set your bucket under the window to avoid drips, but I wouldn't get in to the habit of doing this, as on wet days your bucket will be on muddy soil and I wouldn't want to rest it on someone's carpet and get mud on it from the bottom of my bucket. So when I go inside, I always look for some hard flooring, usually the kitchen or the bathroom, and leave my bucket there to avoid marking the carpets.

Welcome windowangel to the forum smart but casual logo pole shirts with cargo pants and jeans are fine

Footwear will always be trainers, Nike air max to be exact. I do too much walking to be wearing boots. Jeans haven't had much t shirt days this year but just a navy jacket. Always wear a cap too. The first person that complains about what I'm wearing I'll be telling them it's not what I wear that cleans your windows.. If your wanting commercial work is suggest you get branded clothing

Shirtless = no!

Shorts are quite acceptable though. Many window cleaners wear shorts these days

what about this for your uniform...

worstuniforms-3.jpg

And if you want to make door knocking extra challenging, dress like these three...

worstuniforms-16.jpg

Back