Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Leads?

Nick@phonwagon

Hey guys - I’m pretty new here but I’ve been following along as a non-member for some time. I’m curious to know what you guys are finding to be most effective to generate leads. Of course word of mouth is the BEST but you can’t always just rely on that. Thanks.

Facebook advertising sites have worked best for me. Ive set up a facebook business page etc and advertised in all the surrounding towns. Ive found its worked really well for me. Then my customers have recommended me to other family members and friends. Im not one for knocking doors. I just dont have the confidence if im honest.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I haven't knocked doors in 5 years, I've bought rounds that have led to more work covering more areas with more word of mouth. My dad works for a window cleaner who gives me any work that's out of his area. I refuse no work even if it's out of the way as I've found over the years the gaps have filled in along the way with these houses. My main income of new work now is my website. It was a bit slow in starting off but I'm seeing a few a month come in off it (one offs and monthly and gutter jobs) had another one the other day she had seen my van driving by and took down the website from it. If you've time for knocking doors it's the best method

Knocking on doors got it! In my area billboards are one of the best paid advertising campaigns, what are you guys finding pays off the most with paid advertising?

I leaflet and just by being around the same place and get known by the community as a steady familiar face ,gets me work. Signwritten Van of course too.

If I spent the above on fliers I wouldn't make the same impact locally. Advert still has 4 plus days to go and seen by 1200 people so far

Back