Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee chat

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cmack001

Hi guys, I'm just having a slightly hungover Sunday. And was having a browse through the forum.

Which has made me decide to ask this following question.....

Am I one of the only window cleaners that still use this type of squeegee? Lol
4f0a7579d5aa2b2a0327afbe52f79d6e.jpg

I use a 10" and a 14"

I'm thinking of changing to stainless steel to be fair. But it will just be a stainless steel version of what I already have.

I once tried an under ninja and hated it. Couldn't get used to how chunky it was.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I did for 6 months, then bought a liquidator. You can get brass moerman handles and use them with a liquidator channel, if you wanna try something new

They a brilliant, you need to tweak your technique a little but youll rarely have to detail, and if you use the exelerator handle its perfect, although you may find it a little larger then your used too, but really light
I'm keen to try one now, I'm a tad hesitant as I tried the unger ninja when I first started but couldn't get used to fanning with it, but that could have been just my experience more than the squeegee itself. I've seen a lot of people on here raving about the liquidators.

I've used them since day one on the glass , just changed over to meoman BUT you can't get any smaller than10" so I use my 6" brass channel,

I've used them since day one on the glass , just changed over to meoman BUT you can't get any smaller than10" so I use my 6" brass channel,
I've just been watching reviews on it, and not seen a bad one yet. 10" is my favourite size of squeegee for residential work, but have recently started using my 14" more. Seems to shave some time off per window.

I suppose I could always go back to my old faithful squeegee if I don't like it

I use same sizes with brass handles stainless dog eared channels and razor red rubber get on very well have a wagulator that I use for pole work

I use same sizes with brass handles stainless dog eared channels and razor red rubber get on very well have a wagulator that I use for pole work
You'd honestly think I was buying a new house... the way I'm going on with this decision.

It's only £20 for god sake, but I'm as tight as a submarine door

Hi guys, I'm just having a slightly hungover Sunday. And was having a browse through the forum.
Which has made me decide to ask this following question.....

Am I one of the only window cleaners that still use this type of squeegee? Lol
4f0a7579d5aa2b2a0327afbe52f79d6e.jpg

I use a 10" and a 14"

I'm thinking of changing to stainless steel to be fair. But it will just be a stainless steel version of what I already have.

I once tried an under ninja and hated it. Couldn't get used to how chunky it was.

To be honest the ninjas are sheite to put it nicely

Been using liquidators since a few months before their original release and i am biased as i love them and the innovative ideas Moerman are having at the moment (some you won't know about for a while if they are used but great ideas)

But in all honesty it is impossible to find a better performing squeegee at this current time

If you are willing to have a play with it rather than try it once and find it feels different and needs an adjuatment to the angle you are used to working at which takes a few goes to then do without thinking about it then you won't go back to brass

To be honest the ninjas are sheite to put it nicely

Been using liquidators since a few months before their original release and i am biased as i love them and the innovative ideas Moerman are having at the moment (some you won't know about for a while if they are used but great ideas)

But in all honesty it is impossible to find a better performing squeegee at this current time

If you are willing to have a play with it rather than try it once and find it feels different and needs an adjuatment to the angle you are used to working at which takes a few goes to then do without thinking about it then you won't go back to brass
I didn't rate the ninja at all. I liked the handle but the channels were useless for me. I'm pretty sure it ended its life in the bin after spending months in the shed.

I'm really up for trying the liquidator, as I like the idea of a few aspects of it. Being able to quickly swap channels is a plus as well.

Davey quote....[[[[been using liquidators since a few months before their original release and i am biased as i love them and the innovative ideas Moerman are having at the moment (some you won't know about for a while if they are used but great ideas)

I ment , I've switch over to the 10"moeman which is great now but since you can't get any smaller channels I got to use a 6" brass one for windows smaller than 10" panes

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using liquidators since a few months before their original release and i am biased as i love them and the innovative ideas Moerman are having at the moment (some you won't know about for a while if they are used but great ideas)But in all honesty it is impossible to find a better performing squeegee at this current time

I ment , I've switch over to the 10"moeman which is great now but since you can't get any smaller channels I got to use a 6" brass one for windows smaller than 10" panes

Do you have v1 or v2 channels?

I have a 6" homemade one

Cut a 10" to size (about an inch shorter than you need each end to allow for clip size) if it's a v2 you need to use a flat metal file to make the little notch the v2 clip locks into on the cut end..job done

Havnt tried the excelator, on the odd occasion I use a squeegee I like my combinator only squeegee I have used where I don't need to detail.

Back