Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filling your tank.

Im currently trad only at the min. But hopefully going to go wfp within the next year.

I used to work for a fella it must be at least 8 years ago. He was wfp and used to have to fill a tank in his back garden with pure water over night. Then transfer it into the van each morning.

My question is, is this still the way it works? Or has times changed? I dont like the thought of having a big tank in my back garden tbh.

TIA

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

yea bought my system from them ,is that you I seen on one of the fb sites???
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
57c78f471a3a93b8f376d5a572995d40.jpg

David who owns rise2shine is my brother inlaw. What sort of money is it for a system these days i remember when david bought his very first one off arthur at sureclean it was wild money. Suppose it all depends what you want i suppose?
not sure mine is brodex I think cost me just over £2000 don't think he does them anymore as customers service is **** and hard to get gear off them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks lads sounds a lot handier that way lol. Saves a lot of hassel. Im sure you know rise2shine if your from portadown?

Everyone is different I have to park 30 meters from from my garden tap in shared courtyard so a static tank in my garden works better for me and it fills while at work then takes less than 10 minutes to transfer and fill my 400ltr tank .

Each. Person as preferences and also circumstances take dicate how convenient it is to have static tank or not, me personally it very easy for me to have a static system as I just reverse next to mine and only takes a minute or two to fill my compact 325, my RO is in a insulated cabinet easy accessible I can lift iit out in one go and change filters etc which is handy as Im a fat lump lol I like the option of making pure when I'm not there and also when I'm there if need be.

I dont see a problem having an ibc tank in the garden ?... its quite nice to have a buffer when you run out !

My wife knows how we pay our Bills , an that means some watergear filling up outside .

I dont see a problem having an ibc tank in the garden ?... its quite nice to have a buffer when you run out !

My wife knows how we pay our Bills , an that means some watergear filling up outside .

My back garden isnt the biggest. So a tank in the back garden wouldnt be ideal. But wouldnt be a big issue if i had to. Just trying to get a bit of info on how things work etc. Its been years and years from ive used a wfp system. Just trying to get with the times [emoji16][emoji23][emoji16]

Acctually gonna get me a second one ! 2 ibc for rainwater harvesting and 1 for RO at a second location away from home . IBC,s my new pets ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

My back garden isnt the biggest. So a tank in the back garden wouldnt be ideal. But wouldnt be a big issue if i had to. Just trying to get a bit of info on how things work etc. Its been years and years from ive used a wfp system. Just trying to get with the times [emoji16][emoji23][emoji16]
You could always dig a hole and put it in it if your game enough lol

You could always dig a hole and put it in it if your game enough lol
IV done that a few years ago owned a mobile home and dug out behind and sunk ibc great set up as it's water meter s at home only got rumbled when sold the mobile manager was going nuts saying there water bill was mentle and they have got through enough to fill 2000 Olympic swimming pools . I said that will be me then lol

Yeah doesnt seem to be much stuff. With me being trad ive called in a few times for stuff and theres f*** all there. Dont think he has much of a window round anymore either.

All depends on how much water you need I work on my own so 400ltrs is more than enough for a days work so you don't need a 1000ltr ibc , I have my tank a 300ltr water butt in the garden shed with ro and space for a few other bits and pieces .

Back