Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone here bought a small trad round and converted to WFP?

jgw226

Small local trad round for sale and I've made an offer but I'm WFP. Anyone got any experience in this?

Thanks in advance

i got to trad roads off a old buy the first few cleans i trad bottoms wile they got used to it now i wfp the lot also picked up a few new jobs on each road had 1 in each road question it but after a few cleans they got used to water every were:D

Yes; but it was 12 years ago and many of our issues would be irrelevant today as wfp is universally accepted as a cleaning method. When we bought the round it wasn't.

Why is he selling the round?

If you do buy the round then you need to be introduced as the new cleaner by the old cleaner to each person. If that's not possible, then a letter of introduction is the least you must accept.

If the old cleaner cleaned every 2 weeks then there will be all probability that they will very quickly push for a 4 week cycle wfp. You need to be prepared for that as they will want the same price. This will dilute the value of the round.

Chances are the round will be under priced. You need to understand that you will have to clean them at the current cleaners prices until they have got used to you. A big price increase will mean you will lose customers.

The round we bought was mainly dormer houses. The benefit to the customer was that we would no longer be climbing over their roof to clean upstairs windows. We also had to remind many of them that it was their responsibility in law to provide us a safe working environment to clean their windows. Doing it from the ground was of benefit as they didn't have that risk any longer.

The previous cleaners were glass only and didn't clean the frames. The benefit to the customer was that we cleaned their filthy frames. If the frames on this round are dirty, you won't be able to charge a first clean price.

There will still be some die hard customers who want their windows done trad. You will lose those in time.

You are buying goodwill. The customer has the final say who cleans their windows and who doesn't. The customer base you are buying has no value. It isn't even something on it's own you can write off against tax.

We paid 50% after we cleaned the round with the seller and then the remaining 50% a month later. We lost on some but gained on others. If you are cleaning windows above conservatories you can ask a slightly higher price after discussing it with your new customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little update on this! Out of £900 worth of work every 4 weeks only £25 worth of work had a problem with the WFP, I even cleaned them for free first time just to show them as the two customers had concerns! Still didn't like it so I told them to find a new cleaner! Not worth the hassle as it would slow us right down! So all in all if you educate them on your way and spend the time speaking to them and showing them it works then it'll all run smoothly!! [emoji1303]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just a little update on this! Out of £900 worth of work every 4 weeks only £25 worth of work had a problem with the WFP, I even cleaned them for free first time just to show them as the two customers had concerns! Still didn't like it so I told them to find a new cleaner! Not worth the hassle as it would slow us right down! So all in all if you educate them on your way and spend the time speaking to them and showing them it works then it'll all run smoothly!! [emoji1303]

Did you do all the 1st cleans free? Also did you stick with the same price or put them up as they were getting more done from you

Did you do all the 1st cleans free? Also did you stick with the same price or put them up as they were getting more done from you

No mate. Only did two first cleans free and that was for the two customers who I couldn't convince about WFP. I haven't put them up yet as I didn't want to cause too much change!! It's very compact so the price isn't too bad! I'll wait until next Jan to put prices up! In the process of getting them onto GoCardless atm as they all were cash before!! Got about 25% on GC and another 15% on Bank Transfer so I'm slowly getting there! Bought it extremely cheaply so it's already made back the cost!

Good lad. New someone who bought around in Jan and it was trad and now wfp and put the price up and he lost a awful lot and still is. People don't like change so when they get hit on the price to there gonna flip. I always say establish yourself 1st then kick them in he balls for more money

Good lad. New someone who bought around in Jan and it was trad and now wfp and put the price up and he lost a awful lot and still is. People don't like change so when they get hit on the price to there gonna flip. I always say establish yourself 1st then kick them in he balls for more money

Yeh that's the plan!! Get them used to the way we work, used to our system, used to how they pay us! Then January 2018 used to the price rise [emoji23][emoji23]

don't pay any more then 2x for it and expect to lose around 30% of it in the frist year and you wont be far off

don't pay any more then 2x for it and expect to lose around 30% of it in the frist year and you wont be far off

I bought it at 1x which I know is a steal!! And two months in haven't lost any apart from two who didn't want WFP!

my figers are at the bad end if you get any better results then these then its a happy day , ive bought 17 round in the last 5 years , binned or lost round 50% to make three very good rounds , just looking at one today near me

Latest Posts

Back