Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Day one of cleaning by water fed pole

Philip

Well day one using water fed pole is over don't know what to make of it at all, i went back for payment to one and noticed a few dried runs down the window and another one when I finished cleaning the front i checked the back and it had dried run down it aswell not many just one in the middle. Any suggestions what the problem is? I've scrubbed the seal at the top of the window then cleaned the window.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you scrub above the top frame you will need to let it drip off for a bit while you do another window to avoid drips

Usually it is where you have got water above a vent which then drips down the glass

Also if they are customers that have been previously cleaned trad the dirst cleans are always a bugger as you are scrubbing and rinsing soap out of the rubbers and any little gaps

If you scrub above the top frame you will need to let it drip off for a bit while you do another window to avoid dripsUsually it is where you have got water above a vent which then drips down the glass

Also if they are customers that have been previously cleaned trad the dirst cleans are always a bugger as you are scrubbing and rinsing soap out of the rubbers and any little gaps
I had a first clean last week. The large lounge window was a problem. I could see it was going to run. As I went round the back you could see through the house and the large lounge window, I was :eek:. It looked a lot worse looking from the inside out! I ended up cleaning it 3 times to get it up to scratch.

Also the soap from previous trad cleans is working against you... scrub then rinse more than usual... and go back round once they've run off... so sometimes I do top right for instance then all tops then quick rinse back over first top right get all the little specs off!

@luca I'm going to slowly but surely moved all my traditional customers to wfp so I've technically 300 first time cleans to do lol. Not having to use a ladder was the best part of the day
What you can do is, when you have cleaned the whole house, just give the glass another quick going over but leave the top half inch of the glass untouched. So you start half inch down from the top. This works very for me, hope it helps.

@luca I'm going to slowly but surely moved all my traditional customers to wfp so I've technically 300 first time cleans to do lol. Not having to use a ladder was the best part of the day
What you can do is, when you have cleaned the whole house, just give the glass another quick going over but leave the top half inch of the glass untouched. So you start half inch down from the top. This works very for me, hope it helps.

Well day one using water fed pole is over don't know what to make of it at all, i went back for payment to one and noticed a few dried runs down the window and another one when I finished cleaning the front i checked the back and it had dried run down it aswell not many just one in the middle. Any suggestions what the problem is? I've scrubbed the seal at the top of the window then cleaned the window.

Call me or pm me. I'm very close to were u live and will give u some tips

My first day too. I had one window on the first house with exactly the same. Did out side then did inside. By the time I was finished they were pretty much dry. That's when I noticed two big runs down centre of large window. Re cleaned and rinsed more than before. Knew from previous threads on here what the problem was. The rest seemed great.

12 years ago we converted a purchased trad round to wfp and we were new to wfp as well. Most of our new customers didn't know anything about wfp either and were very suspicious. It was a very compact round we bought so we found it best to scrub the windows and frames, rinse well and then move onto the next house, repeating the process. After we finished the 4th house we went back to the first house and cleaned glass only as the windows were virtually dry.

Once we had redone the 4 houses a check found the odd streak which we rectified. After the pain of the first clean the next clean was much easier and we only had the odd problem.

As you gain experience you will find you get better at first cleans and they won't take as long and the results will be better.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Cheers @CHWS maybe that was the other problem maybe I didn't have my flow high enough
It takes time , took me a while , I found it easier sticking to traditional even though I had the gear and all sitting. I still have customers who I couldn't convince with wfp so I just trad them still. They just didn't want wfp tried to show me marks that weren't even there so I just gave up with them in the end and traditional them still. I'm still mostly traditional as there's a lot of work I do that I can trad quicker

Back