Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shall I Buy A Gutter Vac?

harunh

I want to get one in a few months time... just before winter... hopefully !

I will have about 200 customers by then... and think it could work me.... i could get my regular customers to use this service.

I heard this is busy service that a lot of people use during the winter.

I am looking to spend £300.00 maximum if i do get one

....Did you just hear about them and start a thread....

I swear they were just mentioned in the 100% wfp thread.

They never get mentioned, so this is a big coincidence.

....Did you just hear about them and start a thread....

I swear they were just mentioned in the 100% wfp thread.

They never get mentioned, so this is a big coincidence.
LOL ya gotta love Masons, I say buy a scrim instead.

harunh said

I am looking to spend £300.00 maximum if i do get one
You won't get a very good gutter vac for £300 and then what if the customers are not in how are you going to power it..

Also please don't get sucked in by gutter vac video's as many are shown with american gutters which are bigger than our domestic gutter and also a lot of out domestic gutter, its hard to get your fingers into those you would never get a vac into...

I would really think this through before getting a vac a ladder is the better option but like you say you won't use ladders...

^^^ True ^^^

Im not getting one now... no point to be honest.... just stick to windows 100% /emoticons/tongue.png

Yeah I would agree with what pjuk said, its an easy add on for a trad window cleaner, and you can make a decent wage out of it.

Most of the gutter jobs I've done would be next impossible with a vac, as pjuk said there isn't always allot of room.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Yeah I would agree with what pjuk said, its an easy add on for a trad window cleaner, and you can make a decent wage out of it.

Most of the gutter jobs I've done would be next impossible with a vac, as pjuk said there isn't always allot of room.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
Interesting replies from pjuk and laddergarder. Something good did come out of this thread as I had my good ladder nicked and need a new one made me think I really should get a triple this time as one or two windys are saying they do gutter jobs. Cheers chaps.

I have a set of 30ft triples I use for gutter but they weigh a ton, I hate using them for window cleaning, but there is a few I need the extra height, especially on the old Victorian houses with the high ceilings. Most of the time I just use a set of 20ft doubles. Its good to have them, but I wouldn't use a set of heavy triples all the time.

Have picked up 6 gutter jobs this week. It's quite a good little buisness & not a bad earner. Big h you do change your mind lol. You get an idea, more or less answer it yourself then decide against it. Classic. Lol

buy a 30ft ladder, £185 from ladders4sale

pair of stand offs - £40

a bucket - £4 from tescos

a thin brush - £5 from homebase

a gutter scoop - £7.50 from WCW

a little bit of rope, to hook your bucket over the top of your ladder. Then away you go...

You've only spent, just over £240, and you have a good set of ladders if you ever need to get on a roof or balcony to clean any windows above them with your WFP.

buy a 30ft ladder, £185 from ladders4sale

pair of stand offs - £40

a bucket - £4 from tescos

a thin brush - £5 from homebase

a gutter scoop - £7.50 from WCW

a little bit of rope, to hook your bucket over the top of your ladder. Then away you go...

You've only spent, just over £240, and you have a good set of ladders if you ever need to get on a roof or balcony to clean any windows above them with your WFP.
Bout 50 quid really then cos I've got to get a new ladder anyway, I'll get one I can take a section off though for general use and was looking at a stand off anyway cos I'm a shorta**e and will give me a bit extra height for windows. Got a couple buckets in shed (yes I do actually own some lol) loadsa brushes and rope so only a gutter scoop to buy that I wouldn't have anyway. For that kinda outlay why wouldn't ya lol.

I also use a set of drain rods from B&Q as they have a gutter cleaning attachment with them and handy for the parts like over conservatories where you can get the ladders...

My ladders i use are a 4mtr double and it does all my gutter jobs no problem..... I use that with a stand off ( where i bother putting it on )

I also use a set of drain rods from B&Q as they have a gutter cleaning attachment with them and handy for the parts like over conservatories where you can get the ladders...

My ladders i use are a 4mtr double and it does all my gutter jobs no problem..... I use that with a stand off ( where i bother putting it on )
Mine would reach, problem with gutters is me actually being able to push it up that far. At least with a triple it'd be easier lol.

Yes there is that.... i do get the odd time when we have to get the ladders up another rung or two and im can't reach anymore

If you are wanting a stand off, get it off eBay. They have 1 where you can put against the corner of a wall.. Cos the stand off has that point you can put your bucket on it.. And it's only £20

If you are wanting a stand off, get it off eBay. They have 1 where you can put against the corner of a wall.. Cos the stand off has that point you can put your bucket on it.. And it's only £20
Yeah think that might be the one I was looking at Belfast looks good enough.

IV had two gutter jobs recently and the custmoer actually specified they wanted it done off a ladder not an on the ground method.just thought it was worth mentioning. You gotta have ladders anyway cos if you dislodge buttering you gotta get up there. So it looks like y

Latest Posts

Back