Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

probbo86

Hi,

A building with between 700-1000 windows, how much roughly would you charge? Some of the windows are pretty big, inc balconies so will have to trad those! 4 weekly on a rolling contract . Any help will be appreciated

Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Work it out on time. Really depends on layout. Some big buildings can be really quick with all windows same height and size, grouped together so you can get into a rhythm. Other can take ages, with awkward windows, balconies, courtyards, different heights and types of windows.

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services

Sorry, my wording was poor! Only do the balconies as trad as I can't reach the windows with a pole!

Oh... I would talk to the management agency, balconys if their glass clean them on the outside and don't do the doors on balcony, they can clean their own... or just quote it like that, trust me will make the world of difference. I do quite a few big ones some 800 apartments and if we had to get on each balcony we'd be there a month plus need a picker or absail. Sometimes that's what they want and that's cool, most times the property company would rather the easiest way to keep people happy, and clean your own balcony doors and we'll clean outside of balcony is well sellable.

Last edited by a moderator:
How high?

North or south?

You won't get any decent answers with the only info being 700-1000 Windows.

Is it 700 or 1000 because there is 300 difference and that can be a lot of glass.

How much do you think?

How high?North or south?

Is it 700 or 1000 because there is 300 difference and that can be a lot of glass.

How much do you think?
He got bored counting when he got to 550 so guestimated lol [emoji12]

I always take plenty of photos when pricing large commercial work, Makes things a whole load easier when putting a quote together

How high?North or south?

How much do you think?
I'm in Somerset. There are 925 in total, but some are privately owned so not sure if they're all included. I will know more next week, I was looking at £1.50 for standard size and £2.50 for the large ones ! Works out at around £1300 that's monthly! I don't want to go in too high, but I don't want to underprice. A few other companies are putting quotes in and I know there are plenty out there that will do it dirt cheap

I'm in Somerset. There are 925 in total, but some are privately owned so not sure if they're all included. I will know more next week, I was looking at £1.50 for standard size and £2.50 for the large ones ! Works out at around £1300 that's monthly! I don't want to go in too high, but I don't want to underprice. A few other companies are putting quotes in and I know there are plenty out there that will do it dirt cheap

How long do you think it will take you?!

2, 9 hour days (hopefully)

So say 3 days and 2 is a bonus... it sound like you don't do many larger commercials so it's £1300 every month plus more importantly it's experience with bigger jobs and a foot in with the management company. Do what you can to win it... think experience and networking before money! The long game [emoji6]good luck... you'll find you'll get commercials that will pay 4 x that and some you'll do a bit cheaper but at the end you'll have some serious money under your belt... double check it's monthly.. and not quarterly

Back