Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on this van guys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I love my Renault trafic which is the same van. Personally I feel that's got too many miles on it. Mines done 87000. Injector pump packed up the other day. Cost me £970.

I think you're going to find it turn into a money pit. Maybe put the 3.5k down on a newer one and pay some finance. Brand new one can be had for 13k.

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services

There all rust free ...but reckon you can get one with less miles ...I know a few have them in here but everyone I know who's had one has been shite

@A\.K WINDOWS vivaros in general?
Yeah from what I've seen ...I like the look of them don't get me wrong but my pal had one constant gear box issues ...injector issues and other lads I've spoken for said don't bother . I'm sure there is the odd good one but not many it seems

Even with one owner and full vauxhall history here? You can tell I'm gonna take the punt on it lol
It could be one of few good ones ...can't be bad if one person has had it...upto you lol. Looks well like

Traffic/vivaro with that many miles is a balsy move, it'll feel and drive like it's done that many.. I know I'm not a fan of French vans but it's cos I used to run garages and they'd have no end of troubles!! Will look nice parked outside your house though lol... (my first transit 07 plate cost me £2800 with 100k on clock.... has never missed a beat)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I bought my 2005 Trafic with 113000 miles on the clock and sold it 7 years later with 187000.

I had to replace the alternator once, had one snapped cam belt and lots of front wishbones (usually one per MOT).

The gearbox issue is the cables, an easy and quick fix. I didn't have injector problems but heard that it happens.

Renault and Vauxhall usually do interest free credit meaning you can get a new one for around £250 per month.

In a past life I was a courier and regularly did 100,000 a year.

Two things I noted about vans was once you pass 100,000, the second hand value drops significantly and more important things start to wear out, you find your constantly replacing parts of one sort or another. In our game I would always prefer to invest in a newer van using the money you will enevitable spend on keeping an old van running to fund finance.

I think buying any new van with 170,000 on the clock is a balsy move. I've had 3 vivaros and got rid of them all at about 75/80,000 as things started going wrong. I think a newer van brings with it a little peace of mind, and it's not like you can just chuck the van mount wfp in the hire van whilst it's being repaired for a week or so. Finance is available on nearly new vans, and most importantly it's all tax deductible. That's my take on it, right or wrong ??

I think buying any new van with 170,000 on the clock is a balsy move. I've had 3 vivaros and got rid of them all at about 75/80,000 as things started going wrong. I think a newer van brings with it a little peace of mind, and it's not like you can just chuck the van mount wfp in the hire van whilst it's being repaired for a week or so. Finance is available on nearly new vans, and most importantly it's all tax deductible. That's my take on it, right or wrong ??

I agree with a lot of above. All my old vans I've had have needed maintenance every few months that's meant week or so off work and £££ in repairs. I bought a 04 plate expert with 60k on clock in December. Last week I put it through mot and it ended up in garage over a week with brake servo problem. I think it's age that's biggest factor with vans now in my experience.

I'm saving for good deposit and gonna get vehicle on finance prob 1-2 year old it's gonna be a lot cheaper than brand new.

Benefits I see this way is less days off work more peace of mind

I bought a clean, rust free 08 reg Vivaro with 139000 on the clock four months ago. Last month the engine died. Replacement second hand engine £3000 fitted.

I have lost a lot of money and am now driving a 51 plate Toyota Hiace...... I will never touch another Vivaro again.

Here is the thread about my Vivaro

My Van Hell

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sold now so I don't know if you bought it or not. All I will say is I've had a Vivaro for the last 6 years, had the well documented injector problem but apart from that had no real problems with it. They are better on the juice then Transits and the Lwb 2900 has a better payload.

Didn't buy it mate and not sold. They bump a new gumtree post up and delete old one.

Search continues lol

Thank u guys for all advice as usual tho

My dad used to be a van dealer. He would never touch a Renault and Vauxhaul. They are the worst. Couple of my mates have Renaults and have nothing but problems. Depending on size, ford transit are good ( older model), all vw are very good bit more expensive but you get what you pay for and they have great gearbox, well built.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back