Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Company's

Poles Apart

Anyone used them I've just looked one up they want £60 for a £20 job that seems extreme if they got you 10 jobs you'd have to shell out £600.

Why would anybody in there right mind pay for such a thing.? Grabbing business off a doorstep by cold calling brings the highest percentage of messers compared to any other marketing, and those charges are mental, could buy est rounds for not much more... Most customers prefer leaflets to read in their own time and talk it over, good online presence, been seen working in the street, or meeting the actually owner/s

I see establised WC still paying out for external canvassers, always makes me wonder why lol.!! Clearly not as busy as they claim....

Save your money and do it yourself if you need it /emoticons/smile.png

Why would anybody in there right mind pay for such a thing.? Grabbing business off a doorstep by cold calling brings the highest percentage of messers compared to any other marketing, and those charges are mental, could buy est rounds for not much more... Most customers prefer leaflets to read in their own time and talk it over, good online presence, been seen working in the street, or meeting the actually owner/s
I see establised WC still paying out for external canvassers, always makes me wonder why lol.!! Clearly not as busy as they claim....

Save your money and do it yourself if you need it /emoticons/smile.png
Yeah but what if you can't find the time to canvass yourself. And it doesn't necessarily mean your not busy if you book a canvasser what about if your taking a lad on expanding your business I'm flat out 5 days a week on my own grafting my **** off climbing over gates etc etc if I get a canvasser to get that extra work I can employ somebody full time and get them doing the climbing and the ball ache parts of the job. Plus if your going to buy a well established round that's good work your looking at least 7x upwards these days which is ****.. plus a canvasser can taylor make a round to suit ie BACS only or online payers etc

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Kapre enterprises heard good things about them

Kapre is good.

3x seems pricy on the face of it but I'd rather pay that than 6x for a round that doesn't suit me.

When I use a canvasser custys get told it's 4 weekly, that I don't collect. They also don't canvass council, terrace or bad access jobs at my request.

Got more canvassing booked in for later this year.

Going to try leaflets next, just ordered 10k and will be getting them delivered.

Its ok saying don't spend that and do it yourself, which if you want to be a one man band forever is fine it makea sense, if not then make the money do the work so you don't have to, earn money invest it and scale it up. Its only money, it's just a tool.

If you are going to grow your business and take on employees etc them at some point you are going to need to outsource.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kapre is good.
3x seems pricy on the face of it but I'd rather pay that than 6x for a round that doesn't suit me.

When I use a canvasser custys get told it's 4 weekly, that I don't collect. They also don't canvass council, terrace or bad access jobs at my request.

Got more canvassing booked in for later this year.

Going to try leaflets next, just ordered 10k and will be getting them delivered.

Its ok saying don't spend that and do it yourself, which if you want to be a one man band forever is fine it makea sense, if not then make the money do the work so you don't have to, earn money invest it and scale it up. Its only money, it's just a tool.

If you are going to grow your business and take on employees etc them at some point you are going to need to outsource.
Exactly mate there's only so much you can grow your business being a one man band

i use Royal mail i am having 38000 delivered buy them from April, cost £2500 and £380 for A5 double sided printed flyers from Solopress, sound a little expensive, but were i live in the New forest the houses are so spread out it would take me years to delivery them, and the good thing about using them is that i can pick and choose what areas of the New forest they go to, because they do it bye post code, Been doing it for 3 years now, total outlay over 3 years about £9000, return £40000, so take of the £9000, and thats £31000 work gained and completed, and then get allot of repeats yearly from previous work, and bear in mind the £9000 is tax deductible, this will properly be the last time i do it as getting really busy. and just happy to plod on on my own.

i use Royal mail i am having 38000 delivered buy them from April, cost £2500 and £380 for A5 double sided printed flyers from Solopress, sound a little expensive, but were i live in the New forest the houses are so spread out it would take me years to delivery them, and the good thing about using them is that i can pick and choose what areas of the New forest they go to, because they do it bye post code, Been doing it for 3 years now, total outlay over 3 years about £9000, return £40000, so take of the £9000, and thats £31000 work gained and completed, and then get allot of repeats yearly from previous work, and bear in mind the £9000 is tax deductible, this will properly be the last time i do it as getting really busy. and just happy to plod on on my own.

This is interesting. Seems a good return.

Both @Solarpanelcleanington have had decent results with Royal Mail leaflet drops and I think that's the way I'm going to go myself in the next couple of months.

Expensive? Yes but off set on returns... no.

Guaranteed delivery unlike some firm that hire students for delivery.

Seems good to me.

Yeh, my work is rural and Royal Mail are cheaper per thousand than any leaflet distributors. By quite a bit.

Different in towns I suppose. Hit the big barn conversion jobs, that's where the money is for me!

It can be hard to deal with Royal Mail though.........be prepared for hoops to jump through.....

No matter who you use or what you pay or how many get chucked in a bush all that matters is you get a return that you are happy with.

Tbh having used Royal mail for 3 years it was a little confusing at first, but i was lucky enough to speak with an adviser, we both had the same web page up which shows the post code sectors and how to go about selecting the ones you want, then comes all the paper work, it seems alot but its not really you just have to print box labels and the fill out each labels to what ever distribution date you want. For example i am having 38000 delivered between 10th of April and the 22nd of April, the way they do it is bye week starting dates, i didnt want 38000 going out all at once, so i have two separate delivery dates 10th and 17th April, but if you do choose separate post codes and have them delivered in different weeks it affects when you have to drop them at the distribution site, i think there are about 10 distribution sites around the UK so best to check were you take yours. I live near Southampton, but i have to take my leaflets to Swindon, and i only have a small window to delivery them to Swindon because i have two separate dates of delivery, unless you want to make two trips or how ever many different dates you want the delivery to start, Because i have done this a few times i got to know the manager there and he lets me take the leaflets a little earlier, so as i know work gets manic after they go out i have a holiday before, my girlfriend lives in Ukraine so i got for 9 days to Kiev, so what i do is take the leaflets to Swindon all the distributions sites open at 6am, so i am there bang on 6am do the hand over and on the road to Gatwick bye 6,30, it is all very straightforward, just make sure all labels are correct, you will get all the info to put on the lables, so for example i am having 38000 delivered 20000 go out on the week beginning the 10th and 18000 week beginning the 17th, as a ruff guess i will be looking at about 14/16 a5 boxes, to take the leaflets to the distribution centre, each box cannot weight over 10kg. One thing i will say when you first contact Royal Mail the have strict guidelines, about doing leaflet drops, what i mean is they will not delivery two separate leaflets from two different companies doing the same sort of work at the same time, That why i always book my distribution just before Xmas to get in first. i am more than happy to help anyone as all this can be confusing, so if you want some help just pm me, If you want to see how much it would cost you and to look at the post code sectors in you area the web site is. Customer Finder - Welcome to Door to Door Customer Finder I hope this helps some peeps.

It's gonna cost me £3.5k to get 47500 leaflets dropped by Royal Mail.

Same price as my local leaflet distribution company.

Difference is I know Royal Mail has the infrastructure to get the job done.

Will defo be going this route.

Would you say mass leaflet distribution is something for established window cleaners looking to expand or could this work for people starting out who have a bit of cash to invest and need the work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you say mass leaflet distribution is something for established window cleaners looking to expand or could this work for people starting out who have a bit of cash to invest and need the work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would say it's for everyone.

As a noob you get instant coverage.

As an established cleaner you get your details infront of the 46500 people in your area you dont do.

The Royal Mail thing sounds good especially if your got plently of work and just can't spare the time delivering yourself, on the other hand every time I have delivered myself I have caught people in the garden or they have immediately came out and asked for quotes there and then obviously right place right time, if your a newbie and got the time to leaflet drop and don't like canvassing I would defo recommend delivering them yourself, just remember to have a notepad and pens on you.

Latest Posts

Back