Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mixing ratio

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dennis Taylor

I normally get my Hypo at 15% strength, however i have just come across a supplier who can provide me with it a less than half of what i am currently paying.

However his is 10% strength, so my question you you pro guys is... how do i work out the hypo to water mix.

I normally use it at around 3% as i find this is about right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dennis

f0cca4cc89693c740fc320c663f4521d.jpg

Or if you have an iPhone there is a softwash calculator you can download.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That works OK. I tried a 14% hypo at 2% for a 5lt mix I think it was 714 ml which is pretty close to daveyboys calcs for a 5lt mix when I asked him a while ago. Thank you for now to use.

If it is 10% and you mix it with water at a ratio of 1:1 then it becomes 5% doesnt it.

Or am I missing something?

@Dennis Taylor a 3% mix using 10% strength hypo is 1.5lt of hypo then the rest water to 25lt
So your saying 1.5lt of hypo to 25lt of water. You could have a nice swim in that. Needs be s lot stronger than that mate surely. 1lt of hypo to 5lt of water assuming hypo is 10%. The weakest been 1lt hypo to 10lts of water obviously all depending on surface

So your saying 1.5lt of hypo to 25lt of water. You could have a nice swim in that. Needs be s lot stronger than that mate surely. 1lt of hypo to 5lt of water assuming hypo is 10%. The weakest been 1lt hypo to 10lts of water obviously all depending on surface
I agree that it is too weak.

1 litre of 10% hypo with 10 litres of water would give a 1% strength mix wouldn't it?

I normally get my Hypo at 15% strength, however i have just come across a supplier who can provide me with it a less than half of what i am currently paying.However his is 10% strength, so my question you you pro guys is... how do i work out the hypo to water mix.

I normally use it at around 3% as i find this is about right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dennis
So for one Ltr of 10% hypo added to 10 Ltrs of water will give you 1% solution so for 3% will be 3ltrs of your hypo mixed with 30ltrs of water is that not right

Back