Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo on clothes

Just wear old clothes. Take note anyone else I was washing my van and I spray TFR on it and got it on my good lacoste hoody, noticed it that night a wee green patch and blamed the Mrs on bleaching it, the next day it wore a ******* hole through it! It didn't go right through the first bit of fabric and I hadn't washed it for a few days and went back to look at it and it further put a hole through all the fabric :gush: only got to wear it a handful of times

I tend to buy t-shirts when they are on sale 10-20 at a time. I have collected over 70 with varying levels of hypo stains last year. At £2 a shirt you cant really go wrong.

Uniforms I tend to only wear when quoting to try and look somewhat professional.

i have hypo trousers now and hypo tops just keep wearing the same ones i end up looking like my trousers are tie died mainly after spot treatinf say one slab to show cusimters results try before you buy /emoticons/tongue.png

i have hypo trousers now and hypo tops just keep wearing the same ones i end up looking like my trousers are tie died mainly after spot treatinf say one slab to show cusimters results try before you buy /emoticons/tongue.png
I have ruined a couple of nice pairs of trousers and some shoes falling for that one!

This is something I learnt the hard way. First time I used it, I went to work in my nice navy blue sign written hoodie. Spraying hypo all over a patio then pressure washing it splattered it all over me, covering me in pink!

Came home looking like Mr. Blobby :eek:

Go on ebay and buy some golf waterproofs, very lightweight and breathable you can get a set for £50, do not buy the really cheap stuff, its not breathable and thats why you sweat so much

c2866ef51563cc8181feb0e90ae409cb.jpg

Bit like that lol? Doesn't effect my work jacket though so will prob get some similar trousers [emoji85]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@luca mine havnt been as bad as yours luca i try and get some of the soft wash on the surface intended!! you might aswell just spray yur trousers all over with hypo that way you will end up with one consistent colour lololol

@luca mine havnt been as bad as yours luca i try and get some of the soft wash on the surface intended!! you might aswell just spray yur trousers all over with hypo that way you will end up with one consistent colour lololol
[emoji23][emoji23] Not sure how many 50ft walls you've done but I found slightly challenging at times as still only "almost an expert" [emoji15][emoji85]... 11 blocks up to 80ft if there impressed with that this Tuesday so pray for me lol... i maybe went a bit stronger than needed on mix and sprayed then brushed in, basically the very best job i do... and I look like I actually done some work for once lol... also used Benz adaptor so wernt much overspray [emoji848]

Spraying hypo at 80ft , that sounds extremely dodgy :confused:
Only dodgy if not planned and executed properly... may be absailing down or cherry picking up, not totally decided yet, and may be brushing on eliminating almost any overspray... either way will be the same as doing it at normal height as long as we stick to our risk assessments and method statements... [emoji1317][emoji6]

You need to post some pictures of that job Luca, never heard anyone doing a soft wash job that high before! :eek:
Don't worry I will lol.... this was 35ft high and the after pic is still wet so I think a solution to problem is definitely hypo and my method statement is definitely almost complete... [emoji85] I'll keep you posted haha [emoji1303]

i always wear golf waterproof trouser, lightweight and breathable, as for the top i have some polyester tops and they dont seem to get stained. you can get themfor about a fiver look on ebay, if you need a certain colour for your business might be a little bit more.

Back