Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yellow Splats

Viggers

Hi Everyone

Last week started to notice those very annoying little yellow splats on the glass again. Somebody told me it was pollen but not sure. I know they don't come off with the brush but only with your finger nail which is ok for ground floor but cant do that on upstairs without getting ladders out. Has anyone else come across this and is their a brush that does scrub them off, interested to hear your thoughts.

Hi Everyone
Last week started to notice those very annoying little yellow splats on the glass again. Somebody told me it was pollen but not sure. I know they don't come off with the brush but only with your finger nail which is ok for ground floor but cant do that on upstairs without getting ladders out. Has anyone else come across this and is their a brush that does scrub them off, interested to hear your thoughts.
Get one of these Super-Scraper™ - Brush Attachments - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles & Brushes - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Cheers but I haven't got a gardiner quick release goose neck, but looks a good bit of kit. Shame somebody cant make a brush that can remove such a simple mark on the glass that easily comes off with a light finger nail but scrub as long as you want with a brush and their it still is.

You don't usually get it on top windows in my experience..i think the insects usually hang about quite low down

A quick spray of screwfix degreaser takes them straight off..or the da components bronze wool pad

What do you do just spray the screwfix degreaser then wfp off with your brush. Does this not contaminate your brush or leave spotting on the glass. Unfortunately the splats are on the upstairs windows as well.

I use it on all first cleans..it's very soluble and as long as you rinse it off properly it is fine..also brings frames and sills up

lovely

Just keep a small spray bottle of it in the motor..it is very concentrated so a 5l container will last ages as you only need an inch in the bottom of a sprayer and top up with pure

6 quid in screwfix

A few of us use that or ubik/virosol

Spray on the brush for tops and direct on the glass for bottoms..also melts bird poo straight off

Awesome, thanks buddy

It doesn't mention that it's a concentrate?

Could you spray on neat? As it's not too expensive and not used much?

Appreciate your advice

Lou

I have a neat spray bottle of it i use for green sills and bird muck etc

It won't do any harm or stain like other chemicals can

Final question but I can probably guess the answer.

Is it a case of reapplying / spraying the brush (for above ground floor) per window or per job?

I give my brush a good spray and then rub it all over a window..then the next window..if the brush gets dry then i just pull the univalve for a second to wet the glass and then carry on brushing the stuff on the glass

If doing an average house that is usually enough to do the front or back tops with 1 brush load

The little yellow splats are what they call golden rain. It's when a bee or a wasp has picked up pollen on its feet and then hit the window. Unfortunately they couldn't bring out a bush hard enough to just scrub with water as a hard brush is liable to scratch, and the pollen doesn't break down with just water. So like has been advised, decent chems that won't stain will break it down and allow to scrub away. I know one windy who when had complaints about them said he will wait while the end of summer and trad them off.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back