Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Letter to costumers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

leeroy711

Evening all

I'm thinking about sending a letter out to my costumers telling them that i will be starting to clean there windows by wfp. Anyone do this? Just wondering if I should go into detail about how the system and pure water works also extra services I can now offer. Any of you guys put anything like this together post a pic would be nice to get some ideas. Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Evening all
I'm thinking about sending a letter out to my costumers telling them that i will be starting to clean there windows by wfp. Anyone do this? Just wondering if I should go into detail about how the system and pure water works also extra services I can now offer. Any of you guys put anything like this together post a pic would be nice to get some ideas. Thanks

I'm going the same way, I've not posted anything through their doors, however I had my new van sign written over a month ago and all my customers are asking me about wfp and I'm able to educate them about it, so far so good.

I know people have done this.

I did not. I decided that if they were home, I'd explain in person. If not then the windows would be clean when they got home and all would be well.

I had no issues. People accepted my explanation. The people I never see never mentioned it, just paid my invoice.

A year later I had one lady ask what was going on, as she had never seen it cleaned this way before. Said she wasn't happy. I asked if she was happy with my work over the last year and she said she was. I pointed out that I had been doing it with the pole all that time. She did not like that I was asking the same money for half the time. I pointed out that she is not paying for my time but for clean windows.

We parted company. She was the only one.

Think of it this way. Would you hire a carpenter and tell him to use a hammer, when he could use a nail gun?

It's the old locksmith analogy.

Would you rather pay someone £60 for 3 hours work replacing a lock to access your house or £60 for someone to do it in 10minute. Both had the same effect at the same price but people feel robbed by the more skilled locksmith.

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services

I did a letter at first but gave as no one was bothered , Save your time and money all customers are bothered about is cleaned windows apart from the ones who don't like their windows left wet

Cheers for replies guys, I may not bother then and just explain when I get there if they are in. I will still be doing the bottoms trad to start with just to break the costumers in slowly and save on water. Cheers guys I was getting worried about what they may say but I have a nice big round now so I suppose if a couple drop it won't matter and I can replace them [emoji4]

I'll defo be lettering mine. I have a few who have called me and complained that their wfp window cleaner leaves the window wet or that he squirts tap water on them and that's it..

Can't help but feel we owe the method a little explaining to make it respectful to these kinda people (they are not always moaners just ill informed). A few gossips in a small town like mine could ruin the whole handover so I think explanation and training is needed here.

This is compact though perhaps different is spread out.

Just use a wfp and if they question it, explain briefly what it is and the benefits. Dont waste your time with letters - they will end up in the bin

some customers just don't get it even after a long explanation , you explain it then they still turn round and say" I just don't understand the window is still wet":rofl:

Then I tell them I have cleaned there widows like this for over a year, and ask if they are happy with the results and a yes comes out there mouths, but you know as you walk away they feel conned, this annoys me a lot seeing as the time and effort I and you guys go to, too make sure there getting the best service.

One lady got annoyed by the wfp and told me that her last window cleaner used a bucket and liquid and EVERY THING, these where her words.

I couldn't help my self and asked if he had a utility belt and cape as well /emoticons/biggrin.png

She is no longer a client hahahahaha

And just to add another thing that winds me up but makes me smile some times is the ones that will happily let you use wfp pole on the velux or above conservatory, but still want you to trad the rest... no no no its ladders or pole, there not both coming out/off the van.

I think you should explain in a quick news letter that your changing to wfp ,

Stress the positives like they get there FRAMES done as well, they get the window OVER THE CONSERVATORY done (for a fee) maybe? You should know which customers are likely to object or not want to pay extra, also tell them that because your CLEANING ALL THE FRAMES, they may get a few runs here and there. that way you don't have to spend all day on the frames, believe it or not 95% will be happy about it.

And im telling you now, you will be the happiest and wonder why you didn't change to it years ago.

Hope this helps.

Its annoying that the first clean is when there will be the most scrutiny and you want it to look the best but it's the clean most likely to be imperfect. Even so, most important I think when switching over is do a really good job first time. When I first switched over it took me longer than on ladders first time. It's an investment.

Understood,

But like i said, he will know which customers will give him the chance and which won't, not only that you also need your customers to let you know which (If any) are the problem windows like oxidising window seals, and concrete over the windows, old wooden frames, there are ways of cleaning these types.

There are plenty of vids on youtube to let you know what to do. I learned a lot from Glynn at ADDERS RINSE AND SHINE.....

[media]

[/media]

I'm going the same way, I've not posted anything through their doors, however I had my new van sign written over a month ago and all my customers are asking me about wfp and I'm able to educate them about it, so far so good.
i,ve got letter i give to all my customers explaining the WFP system work great

If your transfer over to wtp are you going to put your prices up???

Also you will find every time you clean the round you will do it quicker each time then reach a average time but do you employ anyone? If so you make want to think of reducing their hrs/days or get rid completely as you won't need them.

Also on the 1st cleans with the wfp take your time and get it right. Do the frames 1st and rinse then glass then I always do it again.

Method in the madness:- of dirt runs down from the frames it looks like a bag of [emoji90] and the customers will not like that and say they want the ladder back.

Get it right 1st time and it will make life easy on yourself and help the customers convert.

They don't like change especially when the price goes up but remind them there getting a lot more for there money ie plastics as well as glass

Personally I'm putting my prices up as l normally do biannually which just happens to fall in the changeover period, over the past few months I've been wiping down the frames in preparation for wfp and the van gets fitted out on Wednesday and Thursday I'll start to implement the changeover.

To be honest I'm still deliberating over the "Big Bang" approach or taper it in more gradually.

I've so far had positive feedback from customers however having spoken to a few wfp guys you can expect to lose a few.

And as we all know if that's the case we're still making good money for less effort.

If your transfer over to wtp are you going to put your prices up???
Also you will find every time you clean the round you will do it quicker each time then reach a average time but do you employ anyone? If so you make want to think of reducing their hrs/days or get rid completely as you won't need them.

Also on the 1st cleans with the wfp take your time and get it right. Do the frames 1st and rinse then glass then I always do it again.

Method in the madness:- of dirt runs down from the frames it looks like a bag of [emoji90] and the customers will not like that and say they want the ladder back.

Get it right 1st time and it will make life easy on yourself and help the customers convert.

They don't like change especially when the price goes up but remind them there getting a lot more for there money ie plastics as well as glass

your doing the work quicker so maybe no need to put prices up

so everyone wins

I have subed work twice now, changed all over to wfp instantly. No letters quick knock those who are in. They have all seen it being done now so no real issues.

Took it as an opportunity to get them all on bacs payment as well. Told them to let the windows dry an if not happy will gladly call back to sort. If happy please pay by bacs. Lost three customers from over 150. Made more money doing previous un done windows and velux.

I do half a dozen wfp tops and trad bottom. Customers don't like wfp, they do understand safety so happy for upstairs to be wfp. All have said the results are the same. They just prefer downstairs windows to be dry straight away.

Back