Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Ryan's Window Cleaning

Ionic 'Hot Box' ??

Ryan's Window Cleaning

Hi,

I'm not doing another 'which hot water system?' but I'm just specifically after any info on the Ionic hot box. They can add it too 'any' cold water system apparently. For £3000+vat. Is it worth that? Does anybody have one? Ta.

Nicky

Yes Ryan, we have the loinc hot box the 9kw, great system been using it for over 5 years now,a bit pricy but I wouldn't be without it now,

I think it's the best hot water system on the market

Ryan's Window Cleaning
Yes Ryan, we have the loinc hot box the 9kw, great system been using it for over 5 years now,a bit pricy but I wouldn't be without it now,

I think it's the best hot water system on the market

How much diesel do you use a week? How much do you work a week?

Nicky
How much diesel do you use a week? How much do you work a week?

I don't really know exactly how much extra diesel I use as it's connected to the main fuel tank £10a week ? I work 5 full days and the odd Saturday and my weekly fuel bill is £60 , the hot box works the same hours ,hope this helps.

when I get a new van I will have the hot box connected to it's own tank inside the van and use red diesel .

Pjj

They burn 1.1 ltrs per hour , I've got a Grippatank one but it's the same burner excellent piece of kit but not cheap to run it's doubled my weekly fuel bill

doug atkinson

I know someone who has just purchased one and has had no end of problems and is now broken down awaiting parts after a few months.

With the Ionics system you can only run one pump and there is not frost stat protection.

On Grippa max system as soon as it's 2 degrees at night the frost stat will kick in and circulate the water through the heater through your hose and back into the tank so stops it from freezing. Ionics does not do this.

Grippa 9 kw can run two pumps, Ionics can not.

The control on the Ionics system is a basic dial whereas the controller on Grippa is more high spec.

Basically you pay for what your getting. Grippamax is a lot higher spec

spruce
I don't really know exactly how much extra diesel I use as it's connected to the main fuel tank £10a week ? I work 5 full days and the odd Saturday and my weekly fuel bill is £60 , the hot box works the same hours ,hope this helps.

when I get a new van I will have the hot box connected to it's own tank inside the van and use red diesel .

Better staying with your current setup of drawing diesel from the van's tank imho. Webasto diesel heaters do not work well on red diesel. Doing a search on the boat forums will provide you with lots of info. What you save on your fuel bill you will spend on your repair bill.

doug atkinson

If you use red diesel then the Webasto warranty is void.

Webasto have a network of engineers so if anything goes wrong under warranty they will fix it FOC

Iron Giant

If you are able to safely run electric to your van overnight then go down the immersion heater route, Pretty sure Stephen Scargill could build you a bespoke insulated tank for less than £3,000

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

doug atkinson

This was a system that was done at Daqua with the new cabinet and have to say looks very smart and top class engineering.

IMG_0921.JPG.c98c818796be0224cbd6d4b2adbe728b.JPG