Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionic 'Hot Box' ??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi,

I'm not doing another 'which hot water system?' but I'm just specifically after any info on the Ionic hot box. They can add it too 'any' cold water system apparently. For £3000+vat. Is it worth that? Does anybody have one? Ta.

Yes Ryan, we have the loinc hot box the 9kw, great system been using it for over 5 years now,a bit pricy but I wouldn't be without it now,

I think it's the best hot water system on the market

Yes Ryan, we have the loinc hot box the 9kw, great system been using it for over 5 years now,a bit pricy but I wouldn't be without it now,I think it's the best hot water system on the market
How much diesel do you use a week? How much do you work a week?

"Ryan's Window Cleaning said:
How much diesel do you use a week? How much do you work a week?
I don't really know exactly how much extra diesel I use as it's connected to the main fuel tank £10a week ? I work 5 full days and the odd Saturday and my weekly fuel bill is £60 , the hot box works the same hours ,hope this helps.

when I get a new van I will have the hot box connected to it's own tank inside the van and use red diesel .

I know someone who has just purchased one and has had no end of problems and is now broken down awaiting parts after a few months.

With the Ionics system you can only run one pump and there is not frost stat protection.

On Grippa max system as soon as it's 2 degrees at night the frost stat will kick in and circulate the water through the heater through your hose and back into the tank so stops it from freezing. Ionics does not do this.

Grippa 9 kw can run two pumps, Ionics can not.

The control on the Ionics system is a basic dial whereas the controller on Grippa is more high spec.

Basically you pay for what your getting. Grippamax is a lot higher spec

I don't really know exactly how much extra diesel I use as it's connected to the main fuel tank £10a week ? I work 5 full days and the odd Saturday and my weekly fuel bill is £60 , the hot box works the same hours ,hope this helps.when I get a new van I will have the hot box connected to it's own tank inside the van and use red diesel .
Better staying with your current setup of drawing diesel from the van's tank imho. Webasto diesel heaters do not work well on red diesel. Doing a search on the boat forums will provide you with lots of info. What you save on your fuel bill you will spend on your repair bill.

If you use red diesel then the Webasto warranty is void.

Webasto have a network of engineers so if anything goes wrong under warranty they will fix it FOC

The control on the Ionics system is a basic dial whereas the controller on Grippa is more high spec.
Basically you pay for what your getting. Grippamax is a lot higher spec
I'm not sure, I may be right, may be wrong,

Speaking to someone who has a Grippa hot water webasto system and he said that the hot water control is just a simple dial and no way to tell or set ( other than turn the dial ) the temperature of the hot water. A separate thermometer is required to test the temperature at the brush. Maybe things have changed and he has an old model, but it's only just over a year old.

I'm not sure, I may be right, may be wrong,Speaking to someone who has a Grippa hot water webasto system and he said that the hot water control is just a simple dial and no way to tell or set ( other than turn the dial ) the temperature of the hot water. A separate thermometer is required to test the temperature at the brush. Maybe things have changed and he has an old model, but it's only just over a year old.
Most use a water to water plate heat exchanger and a thermostatic mixer valve.

WEBASTO or EBERSPACHER Instant Hot Water Heat Exchanger Thermostatic Mixer Kit

Turn the mixer valve to + (plus) - water gets hotter; turn to - (minus) water gets cooler.

If you need to know the temperature out of the unit to your hose then you fit a digital 12v temperature controller.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back