Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Rain Has Nearly Ended My W/c Career :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

madboat

i have been doing this for five years, but, have never experienced rain like this?

how are you all coping?

I'm fine, about 2 days behind schedule.

Why don't you all just work, come rain or shine, unless it's belting it down I go to work.

The air isn't so filthy that the rain is going to ruin peoples windows.

You snooze you lose.

When a customer says don't do them, just tell them to think about the fact you go without money and can lose everything you've worked for and can not control the weather. If they want their windows cleaning when the weather is good then they can have them cleaned when it's bad!!!

thats a very good at***ude mason, you will go far my friend /emoticons/tongue.png

but, with window cleaning, you find your round will fit in with your personality?

they sort of mix together after a couple of years.

haha

your round fits perfectly with your lifestyle,

eg.. if you lazy it will be a lazy round?

if you very energetic, and enjoy buzzing about allday then thats how it will be?

we the masters of our own destiny lol

but, you cant do something your body wont allow you too.

thats why we work for ourselves /emoticons/smile.png

some people like to work alone, others want big massive rounds with loads of employees,

and others just like to go out and do a bit in the morning, some take lunch breaks, some eat as they go.

by the time your round peaks /emoticons/smile.png it will have your personality all over it brother lol

It swings in round about really, I dont stress about it anymore, I just enjoy the day off. Like Masons, I dont stop every time there is a little shower. I have fallen into the rule of, if its light rain or just the odd shower, I am out there. If its to be raining all day, then I take it as a day off, like today.

There has been times where we couldn't catch a break, I remember one winter, my water wouldn't stop freezing on the glass, it was about -10 mid day. This went on for a good couple of weeks. But we just got what we could done and that was that, we did well when the year was all said and done, none the less.

Back