Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Gear

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garyboy

although i am going wfp i still want some trad gear for insides what is the best squeegee to go for and sizes and any other equipment you think i will need for insides only

Unger all the way. Squeegees applicators rubber (soft) poles the lot. Holsters very handy & a big towel for insides. I use 12 & 10 size squeegee but really it's what you feel comfortable with.

if your are working inside, a small trad pole for doing windows high above stairs, and an unger clamp for holding your scrim for detailing pole work, and in turn if you use a pole, a straight 0 degree unger squeegee and an angled one. Scrims, Pouches, glass sSwear word!er, shoe covers, bucket on a belt, bucket /emoticons/smile.png water, soap and thats about it I think.

i have lots of jobs with different size windows and a good window cleaner has lots of channels i do have a 12" and a 4" as above but when you got a job like i have mapperton garden all there windows are 6" and 8 " panes and it takes 2 men all day to do so it makes sense to have a few more other sizes the above window video is for two people before anybody else wants have a go at the video

I have a 14 incher!! Lol. Would use 14 on most, use 18 for some shop fronts, have a 6 inch on my pouch and carry another channel in bottom of my pouch, think is about 8? Using a small blade for smaller windows will help cut down leaving marks and less scrimming. You don't need to buy handles for each channel just swap them around

a good window cleaner has lots of channels
err I disagree, I am a very good window cleaner IMO, and I don't think its the number of channels you have that makes you a good or bad window cleaner.

I get that it can sometimes be useful to have other channels there, but in my experience, a 12" squeegee will be fine, especially if you have a 4" for small windows. Remember that this thread is about a WFP user just wanting to know what gear he need to clean the insides of someone's windows.

Yeah he could go out and buy every available piece of trad gear there is and have all the channels he could imagine, but realistically IMO he will be fine with just 2 maybe three channels. and only really needs to spend £50 to £100 if you count a small trad pole which I recommended.

Also mark I don't think it is very fair you give me a negative rep just because I gave a differing opinion to yours, so I have returned the favour. There was nothing offensive or derogatory about that post, it was simply my opinion, and point of view from my own experience.

I put this video on to help gary get a idea on sizes of blades and applicators but to me it sounded like you were having a go that i used to many channels belfast has just said he uses 5 and i have got a 11 for two people .

If you are going to rarely use traditional i would get

12" squeegie (i use brass handled squeegee)

14" applicator (i use monsoon sleeves)

spare soft rubbers for your squeegee

scrim or micro (i prefer scim)

sSwear word!er (s-c-r-a-p-e-r-) and spare blades how can s-c-r-a-p-e-r be a swear word

Bucket on a belt

a belt

2 pouches

a bucket

I put this video on to help gary get a idea on sizes of blades and applicators but to me it sounded like you were having a go that i used to many channels belfast has just said he uses 5 and i have got a 11 for two people .
I never mentioned your video, and my post was also to help Gary, with what sizes of channel he should get IMO.

If we give people negative reps every time they disagree with our opinion, it really wont count for much will it, we all have our own point of view.

Back