Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain rain go away

Quiet day for me so going out at around 11.00 I would normally work in the rain.

Yes I agree with ECS, just explain to them they have the work guarantee promise as it I don't effect the clean.

I don't do them in heavy rain but drizzle is ok. Unless its really heavy and coming sideways the rain doesn't really mess the windows up. Wind is far worse for messing them up. Most of the customers around here are fine but some hate it being done in the rain. I've picked up customers that have fired their previous windy because he used to do them in the rain. If anyone complains I explain why it doesn't make much difference and I say I'll redo them if they look dirty tomorrow. Nobody has ever asked me to redo them.

I once had to go home due to very heavy rain and the next day I looked at the ones I did and they looked perfect still. It takes a few weeks of weather to get them dirty again generally with the exception of extreme weather

I got irritated by customer last week over this as I'm explaining she pokes head back in car trying to avoid convo and still said to leave them. Some just won't listen.

To be honest they are kind of odd. I always ask husband how they are as wife is ill yet he normally just grunts and opens gate.

I'm gonna put prices up next month. They annoy me with attitude so not too bothered if I do lose them.

Nothing to do about it. I know some work in the rain. I tried once an got loads of oh just leave it this time. So don't do it anymore. Just have to catch up hour a day for a week usually gets me back on track.

Im staring out the window like a child that cant go out to play :rofl:

I work Saturdays I stop in bed when it's raining hate getting wet and hate wet equipment, I also have to go through Houses it's just not right and the Customers don't like it.

Think the best I have had was 4 and im happy to clean with that.

Could depend where you live, if you have a moor industrious town blowing junk in the air then that could i guess make the water more mucky, theory only lol.

Never seemed right to me cleaning in rain even when I was Trad, it's worse with WFP as you've just poured Water on Glass then there is more going on it after just seems messy to me some of the Rainwater could well drip off Brickwork or even Lead on to Glass there's enough Hours in a Day and Enough Days in a Week Rain time is rest time for me and there's always stuff to do at Home like Paperwork and Round Planning.

Never seemed right to me cleaning in rain even when I was Trad, it's worse with WFP as you've just poured Water on Glass then there is more going on it after just seems messy to me some of the Rainwater could well drip off Brickwork or even Lead on to Glass there's enough Hours in a Day and Enough Days in a Week Rain time is rest time for me and there's always stuff to do at Home like Paperwork and Round Planning.
If I did that I'd never get work done, Swansea's one of, if not the wettest city in the UK!!!!

It's not too bad here in Birmingham when we get it it passes through quickly probably might lose 1 day a week if unlucky, for example I've got a round in Warwickshire I do it every 4 weeks on a Friday in 3 years today is only the 2nd time we've been rained off, I'll work in Showers or light drizzle but not when it's pouring down I'm doing it tomorrow instead so I'll be doing my shopping Monday when it's quiet and everyone else is at work I'd rather work saturdays.

I always found it harder doing trad in the rain. It makes it hard to wipe round or cleaning with scrim. Also slippery walking on roofs and for ladder feet slipping. Also scrims get wet and useless really quickly!

Back