Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bank transfers

dasslr1

94 to go
hi guys ,never done bank transfer before but a couple of new customers want to pay this way . what info do I give them ... name of bank ,sort code and account no: is that all ?? not sure how I feel about giving this info out or is it perfectly safe ?.

It's safe, they can't access your account using those details, only pay in. They need your account name also and you need to tell them what reference they should use so you can tell who's paid in. I ask them to use the first line of their address.

On the same topic, has anyone got a good way of managing payments from transfers? I've got around 50 customers who use this method and I'm starting to loose track of it. If I don't keep on top of it I find customers start paying ever other month hoping you don't notice and sometimes I don't.

ys i know,

you have to remember to mark them off as paid in your books, i now have a book, i write down all who pay and put date beside address, when i do that round ill jot the ones who HAVE paid via bacs, paypal

skxawng as with your round page, just leave that address box blank, when you check online you can put an x in there address box as paid.

its a bit of a carry on, some do get away with it.

online bank statements i look back around 6 months , jot down the months they have not paid, let them know, they can check online there own payments.

I have adjusted my slips so they read Reff: please use street name and door number, this is in big red letters and bi golly god most of them still put window cleaning :rofl::rofl:

This can most times be worked out by looking on your banking and finding there name, but it breaks down when you had the women sign up and the fella with different name pays the bill, or or when you have two people with the same name on the same day.

Go cardlesso_O

I write there account name on my pad in notes so T HUNT as an example and then what I do is night before due round anyone still outstanding on the pad gets a quick look through online banking on my phone since the last time I was there to see if paid.

Not a great way of running things as I am going to start getting on top of people who don't pay a little quicker but a good start if you are not checking at all.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a customer that owes a double Dunter and she must think she's getting away with not paying a month, that's the second time I've wrote what she's owed and she's only paid me 1 clean. Some of them seem to think they get credit when paying by bacs! I'm in the process of printing letters for every customer to push go cardless

After two Weeks I send the following text:

Non payments

Auto Reminder

Evening. Hope your well. I don't seem to have received the payment for the last Window Cleaning done. If you have paid it please accept my apologies and let me know the date for me to recheck my records.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance.

Phil

Always works for me

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a customer that owes a double Dunter and she must think she's getting away with not paying a month, that's the second time I've wrote what she's owed and she's only paid me 1 clean. Some of them seem to think they get credit when paying by bacs! I'm in the process of printing letters for every customer to push go cardless
I buckled a couple off days ago when canvassing and let one go on bacs, kicked my self all the way up the Rd, it was windy and my folder was blowing all over the place so I blame my weakness on this haha

ive had a few who dont like the idea of signing up to something they are not familiar with,, and GoCardless is one of them.

Id rather not loose a customer because of this.

My next push is GoCardless & Direct Debit. I have a few on GC atm, All them pences add up they deduct, still cheaper than driving about to find them not in. These are the 2 main ways you are guaranteed your money.

Im going to Text my customers before i collect. Give them warning

I tend to check my payments every 3 days and mark off everyone who has paid and look who is 7 days or more overdue and send reminders out. If anyone gets to next clean and hasn't paid they are on hold.

Never clean anyone's windows twice now without payment. Not only in case you rack up a big bill but mainly because this teaches them you require being paid and trains them to get it paid asap.

If you let them get away with a few cleans everyone will have a relaxed attitude to paying you, ah its ok he still comes I'll pay hI'm when I can be bothered.

Genuine people who want your service will appreciate why you are chasing them for payment. The ones who take offence to being on hold need dumping as they have no respect for you anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have one who has owed 3 x £6.50, new custie, new build. sent reminders , bacs, paypal et, still nothing, im cleaning in there road on sat, ill be knocking again, they havent been cleaned the last 3 months, im not giving up, torment the s-it out of them, ill get paid and they can f off. let someone else have the hastle.

Back