Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Observing a very poor window cleaner at work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Today, I have the van in the garage for a new clutch and whilst it was being done I spent the day in town. Whilst there, I spotted another windy doing various shops in the town. It was shocking.

I watched him clean Timpson in less than thirty seconds. The guy didn't even details the frames!! Once he had dissapeared, I went over to inspect the glass and low and behold, there were several massive drips running from the top frame down the pane for about a foot. Unbeliveable. On top of that, I watched him turn the applicator at an angle, and run it along the bottom sill, covering the bottom inch or so of the glass in soap before walking off and not wiping it or anything!!!

This guy was also dressed like a bum. No uniform and he literally only had one cloth so he was using it on all the cleans.

I followed him around the corner and he did O2 and Nero's in the same poor fashion.

Its these people that give window cleaners a bad reputation.

Just thought I'd share what I saw.

He probably works for one of the nationals if he was doing the big chains

To be fare I'm surprised he even attempted to clean it I have watched them walk in to a town leave there tools in the van and take a photo of the job and walk off.

He probably works for one of the nationals if he was doing the big chainsTo be fare I'm surprised he even attempted to clean it I have watched them walk in to a town leave there tools in the van and take a photo of the job and walk off.
you have to be joking Right!

you have to be joking Right!

Nope watched two separate lads do it for a very well known national company.

Over the years I have seen them clean none of the window,half the window,just scrim off the marks.

I have even none them to just forge signatures and not even go to the job.

There are few good ones but the ones I know and have seen are

I recently got asked to do couple off shops in town didn't get one!

Trouble is the old timer/slash morning worker was doing them for £2.50

So to be fair if a shop pays that what can they expect

You pay for what you get in any game

I always have a glance at the competitions work on one of my roads where we split it. He's wfp and although the glass is sparkling, the frames are always left rotten. Winds me up because I don't like poaching work but he's doing a half arsed job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

commercial windys are the worst (sorry If you're one /emoticons/smile.png ). In Yorkshire bank one day a guy was doing the insides and he left the top 1 foot of glass coz he couldn't reach. Didn't wipe round. Soap everywhere. Massive line of soap along the glass a foot from the top.

Was helping a guy doing Coventry city hospital and they've got a filthy glass roof I started on. He said I was taking too long so sent me somewhere else. He basically just wet the glass and left it. Looked worse than before we got there! The hospital was having some kind of ceremony in a glass surrounded courtyard in the centre of the hospital. He couldn't get his hose in so he plugged into an outdoor tap in the courtyard and did it all with tap water!

Its always the really big firms that do the worst jobs or their subbys peanuts and monkeys springs to mind , They charge half the price of what a job should be on shop fronts I know of one contract were the guy was lucky if he was earning £30.00 doing 6 Greggs stores across very wide area and this was a good few years ago .

Latest Posts

Back