Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

guttercleaningsystems Carbon Poles and tools ok?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cristian

Hi, I'm currently looking at the gutter cleaning systems carbon pole sets with adjustable head and tool set. Is there anyone using this kit that could kindly give me your opinion on them?

Cheers

Cristian

Hello

I've just took delivery of the 30 foot GCS3000. Alex is the man to talk to. His mobile on the website. Just waiting for delivery of the camera (5 inch viewer).

Yep got 6 carbon poles. One of which is slightly shorter with a metal insert for the hose from the vacum to fit on. Made in their workshop in Norwich. 100% carbon fibre 2inch diameter. Not the smaller 44mm like some systems. With the camera and VAT came in just under the grand.

Thanks Stevie for the feedback, what size is the opening on that Vac , the opening that goes into the drum? Once you start using the carbon poles and tools it would be great to hear your feedback on the quality etc of them. :thumbsup:

Also the vacum is a generic Chinese made vac not a Nilfisk as on the web. This is not a bad thing a lot of other systems use the same vac and charge lots more. 3 switches one for each 1000W motor. The adjustable head is simple but so handy. Again some other companies use car radiator hose.

Nilfisk is a better made machine than cheap Chinese ****,, what did you think you were getting when you purchased the package,, a Nilfisk ?

Also the vacum is a generic Chinese made vac not a Nilfisk as on the web. This is not a bad thing a lot of other systems use the same vac and charge lots more. 3 switches one for each 1000W motor. The adjustable head is simple but so handy. Again some other companies use car radiator hose.
You might find that the adjustable head isn't up to much. It clogs up the more you adjust it to get a tighter angle. A car radiator hose is better as it won't kink like the one supplied. The tools are ok ish, I got a dinner fork stuck to one section when I bought from them. My vac is the same as yours but it's called a Viper. Be careful with the plastic parts that hold the float, I broke mine off and I hadn't dropped it or owt. It also sucks better with the filter out, not that that is recommended.

You might find that the adjustable head isn't up to much. It clogs up the more you adjust it to get a tighter angle. A car radiator hose is better as it won't kink like the one supplied. The tools are ok ish, I got a dinner fork stuck to one section when I bought from them. My vac is the same as yours but it's called a Viper. Be careful with the plastic parts that hold the float, I broke mine off and I hadn't dropped it or owt. It also sucks better with the filter out, not that that is recommended.

It's very nearly the same size only slightly smaller for the hose to fit over it. Some other makes have a restriction at the vac. E.G 44mm going down to 35mm. The poles are extremely light weight. Haven't used them but put three together with the pecker on the end and it seems very manageable. Wouldn't want the alloy poles. Whilst alloy is more robust to 'sling' in a van the weight would be painful. There is a nice bag to put the carbon poles in supplied with the GCS 3000

It's very nearly the same size only slightly smaller for the hose to fit over it. Some other makes have a restriction at the vac. E.G 44mm going down to 35mm. The poles are extremely light weight. Haven't used them but put three together with the pecker on the end and it seems very manageable. Wouldn't want the alloy poles. Whilst alloy is more robust to 'sling' in a van the weight would be painful. There is a nice bag to put the carbon poles in supplied with the GCS 3000

I'm sorry to say, but if I had purchased something and was sent something of less quality I would be sending it back, not accepting it!

Yep agree with what you say mate. Don't think you would want to go tighter than 180 degrees it would be more the case of going straighter EG when working over a conny. Could always replace the hose with silicone and have the best of both worlds.

And Tuffers, a dinner fork sounds high tech,,:rofl: thought GCS where one of the best gutter vac companies, going by what I've just heard here I'm having real doubts!!! :eek:

I'm sorry to say, but if I had purchased something and was sent something of less quality I would be sending it back, not accepting it!
No. I was told by Alex it is no longer a Nilfisk. Not lesser quality ether where do you think the Nilfisk is made? Yep the same factory in china.

And Tuffers, a dinner fork sounds high tech,,:rofl: thought GCS where one of the best gutter vac companies, going by what I've just heard here I'm having real doubts!!! :eek:
One of the few companies that have 100% carbon fibre poles made in England. Not 30% carbon fibre like some. Yep it is still basically a dinner fork but it looks handy to lift out bigger weeds.

I have bought and used the GCS 1800 25ft carbon poles kit. Its the dogs danglies....only thing I dont rate is the mirror....to small.
Yep I ordered the camera with 5" viewer and SD card with mine.

Back