Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Round Management

jamesthered

I'd like some advice, which no doubt many have done.

I've quickly gone from 200 calls a month to over 300 custies and growing. These all vary in weeks but majority 5/10 weekly ( I do some community stuff which requires differing schedule). Problem I have is that some newer customers are in the wrong place in the wrong week and the question is how did you go about moving, let's say, from wk 1 to wk3 and a different day, there are ones due to access are difficult to move, but I'd take as an exception.

How did you do it? My round runs every 5 weekly or multiples. Also I've started more canvassing so don't want to be doing too many thymes and figure I could cope with alot more business as long as in the right place at the right time. I come from a sales environment where organising your day is key, but it's the volume I'm struggling with

Comments appreciated

Firstly well done on your rapid growth.

Secondly, just write down your wish list for your workload and contact the customer's who you'd like to reschedule tell them e.g. "I'll be round in 3 weeks time rather than next week and you'll have that regular slot thereafter" and the you've got a compact and regular round and the customer's generally understand and appreciate reliability.

Firstly well done on your rapid growth.Secondly, just write down your wish list for your workload and contact the customer's who you'd like to reschedule tell them e.g. "I'll be round in 3 weeks time rather than next week and you'll have that regular slot thereafter" and the you've got a compact and regular round and the customer's generally understand and appreciate reliability.
The only other alternative is to ask them what they would Want. Either two cleans closer together or the ones further apart. Either way they end up where u want and just examination to them why. Most will just say dont mind. I had the same issue and this worked for me.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Okay I also run a five week round and due to the length of this,you will also see more people come onto it before your back to the start again.

To manage this I do a few things. I ask....are you okay waiting until when area is due (most are). If not and they want done now then explain the second clean would either fall late or early. This single bit of choice is usually greatly appreciated and I've had no issues with it.

I know some gradually bump them onto the right week but what a headache that muse be when your just starting out.

Do not get dragged all over the place,it can be very stressful. Give the choice and stick to the plan.

That's a great start you've made mate

When we go and quote the job we just tell the new customer that we will be round to clean your windows in the next 4weeks (we run a 4 and 8 weekly rota) never had one say no that's not good enough or that they want it done ASAP. But my answer if they was to say I want it ASAP would be that we would have to charge abit more for your first clean as we wouldnt be I. That area and we would either be early or late on the next clean as we have got to move you on to the right round.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Remember you are your own boss and need to set the schedule that suits you. Plenty of customers will have their own preference - some old timers want to know the time of the morning you'll be round!

Set out your schedule and stick to it.

Keep your customers informed.

If you're worried about certain adjustments, give the customer a choice (one or the other, not an open-ended choice mind!)

Back