Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

TDS readings

Guest colinvansmith

Guest STOZ

i vary( ionic systems filters) my filters as i do a large amount of variation in my contracts, this is different if you are working constantly on houses i guess. if i am working on offices , hospitals and what i would call blue chip work i keep my waters ppm`s as low as possible. when working on old weathered glass when working on jobs that are done annually or 6 monthly i changed back to an old filter as i have discovered that a new filter makes no differance to the finish on the glass at all. this saving money and purchasing new filters, i have noticed that these filters have gone up every year also even during the recession which has not helped , hence swapping them over for old weathered glass which only takes seconds to do, so keep an old filter in the van or trailer. some people have told me this is being cheapskate but it saves money and makes no differance to old pre war and weathered glass.

Guest colinvansmith

Its easy enough just to check the water coming out the end with a tds meter once every couple of days or so. Saves on the extra eexpense on flow meters.

col :)

I'm thinking of fitting a flow meter to my system to take out the guesswork as I am always forgetting to change them.

Every time I change them I make a note of the date, but then after a couple of days I forget to write down how much water they have processed.

Seen this one from Cleaning Spot - http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Accessories.html

Has anyone else tried one??

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking of fitting a flow meter to my system to take out the guesswork as I am always forgetting to change them.

Every time I change them I make a note of the date, but then after a couple of days I forget to write down how much water they have processed.

Seen this one from Cleaning Spot -

Has anyone else tried one??

I always forget! doh!!

Mine's around 006 right now and seems fine, will probably change filters beginning of next year if it continues reading 6 through winter. I need to change filters but I'll hold on while I can in winter months.

60-100 a day depending.

The water here is quite bad, think it reads about 120-130 out the tap.

Should really get a DI vessel to finish the water off, but I am not spending silly money for a few little ppm.

Guest colinvansmith

what is it you are using to filter the water just now, if you buy to 11 litre vessels from ebay it will cost you £80 in total with delivery and around £40 to fill them. This will bring your ppm to 0 and if its is going through the vessels already showing ppm of 6 then they shall last months and months.

Just a ro system, I'm probably going to keep making my own pure water for the next month or so then when the weather changes I'll be getting my water supplied to me so I will get a DI vessel, but not till the new year.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.