Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AGlassAct

A little project to curb my boredom on Tuesday night, it's turned out a lot better than I expected using some spares I had in the shed.

The only thing I had to buy was the battery, but for £25 from Halfords (yuasa 12v 14aH) it was worth a try.

It's as basic as it looks - battery in one pocket, pump in the other, 20ltr solar shower in the main compartment and the controller in the top. All wiring was routed internally and tyrapped neat. A fuse holder stashed inside the controller. I can't believe how good it is, I was dubious that the water wouldn't empty fully but the pump gets every last drop out and 'vac packs' the water bladder. The only thing I would change after a couple of uses is the controller, and maybe the pump, I'm going to order a cheap PWM from china and wire it into the strap so I can control the pump speed in the fly. I would change the pump to a lower rated one of around 40psi. Really chuffed with it so far and did it in the time it took for the missus to watch the soaps!

484470a7bf2589cf4fd484db42ce0d94.jpg
208df0f211494b59b15dd1e09af0da27.jpg
00db31d63fb09973123c7d8047e1b420.jpg
10d34a310d4a59fab094099e62ea4bdf.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just dont go near an airport with that , could go wrong in so many ways /emoticons/biggrin.png

You beat me to it , Definitely don't leave it unattended any were :rofl: , Great Ingenuity Though

Latest Posts

Back