Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of starting up

Hunty82

Been researching lots and seriously considering starting up in the next month or two .... just waiting onnmy finances to become free... have the budget to get kit etc. Is this still a viable business to start up nowadays ? From Loughborough , Leicestershire Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Bottom of the s**t pile this job, if I was you i'd find something with far more prospects and rates of pay /emoticons/wink.png

A friend of mine has a round in Loughborough and its pretty good money around there. Also he said he's always picking up work from people coming up to him on the street and calling his number on the van so it sounds like there isn't a over abundance of windys around there.

I say go for it!

Very good start up business with options to branch out into various other directions IE softwashing or patio cleaning or carpet cleaning....or build a good round for 1,or look to build a team up over a few years.

Bottom of the s**t pile this job, if I was you i'd find something with far more prospects and rates of pay /emoticons/wink.png
Local are ye? /emoticons/wink.png

In fairness, it'll take time. I'm still building a full round. The hourly rate is f'ing great... For the hours I work. The remainder spent canvassing, not so much. Play the long game, reap the rewards. No such thing as easy money

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The best thing about it is you can decide what you want from it.

Work 20 hours a week with plenty of early finishes and days off and still pull in enough money to be better off than a lot of people working 40 hour weeks or go all out working every hour god sends and earning potential is unlimited.

Its not easy as it soumds though working flat out everyday waving a pole about is pretty physically demanding and the stress when you first start out can be mentally draining as well.

Stop thinking and start earning! Just be careful with the word "later" it almost Always turn into "never " if you have any possibilty to do it right now, then go do it. Even if theres something about the money, it shouldnt keep you from going out and get costumers. Book them now , clean them when you find the 30 pounds to a bucket and a squeegee and a rag. :thumbsup:

Stop thinking and start earning! Just be careful with the word "later" it almost Always turn into "never ". if you have any possibilty to do it right now, then go do it. Even if theres something about the money, it shouldnt keep you from going out and get costumers. Book them now , clean them when you find the 30 pounds to a bucket and a squeegee and a rag. :thumbsup:

viable business ? Hey i Got myself a condo in Florida , get there in my private jet, and roll around in a Bentley . :rofl: Im SO rich !!:laugh:

Don't do it - its a blooming nightmare - window cleaning is a money pit, you'll be skint and heavily in debt before xmas...:hehehe:

trust me - theres easier ways (then window cleaning) to starve to death.....:whistle:

I did the windows for 15 yrs and stopped and went to work for a company worst thing I ever did just started doing the windows again hard graft but loving it

for an unskilled job with no qualifications or tickets needed to EARN around £20 - £40+ per hour as and when you want , days off when you want, breaks anytime you want.

this sounds too good to be true. oohh yes and hollidays when you want, and as many.

only you know how much you actually earn., so you have proffit every week.

What you do need of ourse is CUSTOMERS, look in your areas for lads selling work, gumtree , ebay, etc advertise to buy work as well.

get a squeegy and aplicator etc and mess about at home till you get FLYERS etc

From the outside looking in window cleaning is a easy option made even easier to some because they don't have to go up a ladder but it ain't easy running a business or cleaning windows I know a windy near me who still ain't mastered the wfp technique after 7 years don't how he manages to keep customers . :confused:

Loads of breaks = No pay

Loads of holidays = No pay

Lying in bed because you can't be bothered = No pay

People hiding behind the couch or asking you to call next week for your money = Low pay or No pay

Off sick = No Pay

Paying all your business expenses before you can pay your bills and eat and all the extra hours you put in chasing money using diesel all eats into your profit so £20 per hour is quickly eroded . Yeh its a bloody great job spend a small a fortune on a van and wfp system and watch your money disappear rapidly

I wouldn't say it's an unskilled job. There's plenty of technique to perfect to be any good at it. Plus you need the general people skills and financial skills needed to run a business l, plus the drive to get up and go out every morning.

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services
Couldt agree more , not many "educated people " can do what we do all year round , IF we are talking about a succesfull thriving business . Most people can splash a bit of Ajax on their own windows ( and it shows ) but living of it is a whole other business and takes a certain kind of person . Guess thats why most of us are very Independent minded .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock