Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best gutter vac

I use a 3000w viper, does the job really well. My only issue is aluminium poles. Make sure you go for carbon poles. Much lighter and sturdier. The higher the power, the stronger the suck. The only issue is finding a generator (if you're going down that route) that can cope with that power, that doesn't cost the earth.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Any loose or dry dirt will suck up easily, but it's the wet grass that gets welded that needs that extra power, you can switch mine between 1000/2000/3000 but the lower power will not grab hold of any wedged in. I've seen 4200w outputs, which put mine to shame

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3000 is ample for reidential work, usually if you get long wedged grass sods you usually loosen them, and the suction usually holds them for you to remove chunks , bringing the poles down to remove the sods off the pole end. then back up again. i had alluminium poles years ago. didnt have the carbon pole option then.

some are ridiculous prices, look around. same power spec saving you a few hundred pounds. try guttercleaningsystems, compare hoover spec and pole height. get it all now ,30ft should be enough.

I've got the atom, not had one job that I couldn't do and it takes up less room and you can run it off a small generator which in my book is important, don't have to rely on customers being in, you don't need loads of power just a waste of money. I've got an old pole with a hook (that I made) attached to the end, so any turf that won't budge I can loosen it, but again not had to use it yet.

I got mine off guttercleaningsystems.co.uk. It's a 3000 watt and does everything I need, never had an issue. Good price compared to others. It is quite a large machine though. And I've got the Alu poles, cos there a lot cheaper, if I'm honest I regret it they're fairly heavy after prolonged use lol after a few more jobs I'm definitely investing in carbon poles.

Back