Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tax & Vat Returns

Paul Gard

Any guys out there who do there own account for Vat and Tax, without using an accountant, if so how difficult is it. I use Cleaning Planner which does all the figures, then my accountant gets them from me, sends to Vat people every quarter, and charges me £250 MAD.

Paul

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Any guys out there who do there own account for Vat and Tax, without using an accountant, if so how difficult is it. I use Cleaning Planner which does all the figures, then my accountant gets them from me, sends to Vat people every quarter, and charges me £250 MAD.Paul

I just have all my books on a spreadsheet and expenses on another and I send them off to my accountant £150 for the year

Any guys out there who do there own account for Vat and Tax, without using an accountant, if so how difficult is it. I use Cleaning Planner which does all the figures, then my accountant gets them from me, sends to Vat people every quarter, and charges me £250 MAD.Paul

Thats cheap @Paul Gard . Would not like to see the cost involved if HMRC thought you cocked up the VAT and had you audited!

He probably save you more than £250 anyway. His fees are deductible too!

VAT returns are too complicated to follow if already getting company books completed by an accountant. But for the hassle how much will you be saving yourself?

Back