Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you clean it?

Skxawng

Premium Member
I've got six of these high glass arches I've done off a ladder but I'm on my own at moment so nobody to foot it. Too steep an angle to go up otherwise.

Last few times I've put a pad on the end of my pole and brought down the pole and sprayed the pad between each pane. Is there a better way? Thanks.

WP_20170320_10_31_01_Pro.jpg

I've got six of these high glass arches I've done off a ladder but I'm on my own at moment so nobody to foot it. Too steep an angle to go up otherwise.Last few times I've put a pad on the end of my pole and brought down the pole and sprayed the pad between each pane. Is there a better way? Thanks.
Is there a better way? Yeah, get someone else to do it. Looks too time consuming. Time = money.

Is there at least a way to spray the glass from the ground like an overspray without having to lower it between each pane? Been looking at different sprayer's but can't find anything suitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there at least a way to spray the glass from the ground like an overspray without having to lower it between each pane? Been looking at different sprayer's but can't find anything suitable.
That might be where the Unger Stingray would be useful...

I would recommend the following:

From above head height to about 12ft

1x Vikan Easy-Shine Kit - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Vikan Extension Pole - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

From above head height up to 45ft

1x Backpack with a couple of litres of pure water in it - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Telescopic pole such as a CLX or SLX - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Quick-LoQ Easy-Shine adapter - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Overspray, small - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

Taken from the CIU forum

I would recommend the following:
From above head height to about 12ft

1x Vikan Extension Pole - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

From above head height up to 45ft

1x Backpack with a couple of litres of pure water in it - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Telescopic pole such as a CLX or SLX - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Quick-LoQ Easy-Shine adapter - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

1x Overspray, small - UK's Favourite Water Fed Poles Gardiner Pole Systems

Taken from the CIU forum
Thanks for the research. Anything that uses water is no good as its inside and the vikan kit is pretty much what I'm using on the photo. It's just annoying having to keep on lowering it to spray the pad. I'd like to find a sprayer with a long tube so I can spray from the ground. I have a sprayer with a long tube except the trigger is at the top. Can't figure out how to make one. That's why I was asking on OP surely there must be a product out there for it.

I can move the furniture but I need the base to be close to the glass otherwise when I'm half way down it's too far to reach the glass. Anyhow I'm after a quicker method and ladders are going backwards.
Surely you could just use a ladder and trad it? Start at the top on the arch, then lower the ladder each level of windows until you're at the bottom. Can see that taking no longer than 10 minutes tops.

Or of you're any good a poling what about an excelerator on a pole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you use the overspray on internal windows for a fine misting? Just wondering.
Never used a overspray that's why I was asking the question, looking at gardiner little overspray I think one very quick tug on a univalve might just get away with, would mean having to use a backpack though that's already been mentioned.

Never used a overspray that's why I was asking the question, looking at gardiner little overspray I think one very quick tug on a univalve might just get away with, would mean having to use a backpack though that's already been mentioned.
Possibly, but would probably be too much water. Maybe if you could fit really small fans.

Back