Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st Big Commercial, no idea where to start with quote

Marc025

548a1da8afa93ff68c258d173a763fc8.jpg

Been asked to quote this, will get more pics of sides and back tomorrow.

I'll be honest I don't no where to start pricing it, any help would be fantastic

Marc

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Needs to be a high price if only every 6 months , is it near the sea ? If so will be lagged in salt , salt and sash windows take a lot of cleaning with runs if not careful allow longer than you think it will take when pricing

I'm not sure I would take this on tbh and I've done wfp for the last 12 years.

My first thoughts would be access with a cherry picker and driver but this could be an issue around the sides and back. Don't expect it to be a 6 monthly job. No matter what they say, it could very well be a one off. Quote it as a one off. If its a body corporate asking you to quote, there will always be someone on the 'committee' who will object to the price.

I doubt you will be the first business to quote and they have probably been shocked at the price they have already been quoted. Have you got poles that will reach the top windows? The 'bell tower' windows would be at a guess an SLX47. If you quote the job, start it and then find you can't do it there could also be a clause in their contract with you that would make you responsible for the cost of another company completing the job on your behalf. That could cost you thousands.

I would also causally ask in conversation "what you are up against price-wise."

You need to be clear what you are required to do. That skip may say something. Paint drips on the glass from renovations is a likely consequence they will want removed. You need to set your stand out very clearly and get them to agree to your written quote. You will also probably have to show proof of insurance and do a RAMS statement on how you will carry out the job.

You will need to break the job down into sections and work out a time to do each section - then double it. (If you think it will honestly take you an hour then it will take you two.) Those windows look like wooden sash windows. We found the only way to do the successfully is to do the top window first and move onto the next window. We would then do the bottom window once the top was streak free and stopped dripping.

pole it and charge 450 plus the vat , just trad the ones behind the rails last if you can get to them without going over the top ,

if your busy with out this and its going to be a night mare then just don't do it not worth the agg you can make more on 12 pounds walk arounds and do a lot less work then this one job

£600, see what your highest pole section will reach, you will know then if you can access them via wfp.and roughly what size. hire a larger pole for the day off a commercial windy in your area,,

I think I would decline it.

Its one thing wfp it all for. The ground but what if there is plenty of windows need scraping?

To do it properly would probably need a cherry picker and trad.

If you do it wfp you need to be clear that there's no scraping involved.

I'm scared just looking at it lol. Looks like it could become a nightmare think I'll stick to residential.

Back