Green Pro Clean Ltd

Getting Paid - How to & Options

Green Pro Clean Ltd
4 hours ago, wezza13 said:

Hi all,

Quick question regarding the card readers (Sumup and iZettle).

I work rurally and a couple of the villages (down in dips) don't have a mobile phone signal. Most people there rely on Whatsapp.

I was wondering - I can see that they both use your mobile phone to get a connection. What would happen if I don't have a 3G/internet connection? Would the payment go through once I manage to obtain a signal i.e. back on the main road, or would I be standing at the customers door for ages whilst the phone was trying to connect but couldn't?

TIA

Wez

Best ask their techies on their support page for that. 

Gav

I'd imagine you would need a connection but sure those that use them will be able to enlighten us or take a look at the sites and see what it says about the connection requirements. 

P4dstar

You would need an internet connection. You can always ask to use the customers wifi. I have some work in a small village like you’ve described, no signal at all, using the customers WiFi is the only alternative option to tethering the card reader to your phone. As all transactions are live you need to know the customer has funds available in order to process it.

Much better to get them signed up on GoCardless in those circumstances 

Cleanco

Maybe a bit of useless info as they are becoming obselete but you can pay cheques into your account via most banking apps. 

P4dstar
9 minutes ago, Cleanco said:

Maybe a bit of useless info as they are becoming obselete but you can pay cheques into your account via most banking apps. 

The oldies love a good cheque. Business banking will charge you £1.50 per cheque though 🤷‍♂️

Skxawng
6 hours ago, Cleanco said:

I've just started doing this, I didn't realize how much faster it is! Only takes maximum of 2 days to clear. Not sure what to do with the cheques though.. Put them in my records I suppose.

Iron Giant
39 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

I've just started doing this, I didn't realize how much faster it is! Only takes maximum of 2 days to clear. Not sure what to do with the cheques though.. Put them in my records I suppose.

You are supposed to write deposited on the back of the cheque and keep hold of them, I just have a separate envelope and keep them with my accounts, great thing banking cheques via banking app client paid 12 months in advance last week I deposited it 5 minutes later.

Part Timer
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

12 months in advance last week I deposited it 5 minutes later.

I refuse to accept this advanced payment as I find it demoralising turning up and not getting paid 

P4dstar
5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I refuse to accept this advanced payment as I find it demoralising turning up and not getting paid 

I try not to take money until the job is finished. The only exception is when the customer is going out.

A roofer I worked with when I first left school taught me never to take payment for work until it has been completed... With the exception of large jobs where it is acceptable to take payment in stages, but for small one day efforts. 3 reasons behind it. Firstly it builds trust with the customer. Secondly if the customer becomes an ar5ehole halfway through the job its much easier to walk. Lastly when someone pays you the job is complete in your mind, subconsciously you may not give it the same level of effort once you've been paid.

Customers do look at me funny sometimes though when I ask can I collect at the end.

Iron Giant

@

10 hours ago, P4dstar said:

I try not to take money until the job is finished. The only exception is when the customer is going out.

A roofer I worked with when I first left school taught me never to take payment for work until it has been completed... With the exception of large jobs where it is acceptable to take payment in stages, but for small one day efforts. 3 reasons behind it. Firstly it builds trust with the customer. Secondly if the customer becomes an ar5ehole halfway through the job its much easier to walk. Lastly when someone pays you the job is complete in your mind, subconsciously you may not give it the same level of effort once you've been paid.

Customers do look at me funny sometimes though when I ask can I collect at the end.

In this instance it's his second time of paying a year in advance, he is a retired a guy who I have known for quite a few years through his son as his son lived in the house then moved away and his dad moved in, in my mind the job ain't complete and I put in as much effort as all my other jobs and make sure the job is done as it should be the client is paying for a service that I promised to deliver and he expects no less same as any other client. 

wezza13

Thank you for the advice WRT the SumUp v iZettle readers. 

If there's no difference between the two, then I'll order the SumUp when I get home on Monday.

Cheers.

noobwc
On 10/01/2019 at 03:29, wezza13 said:

Hi all,

Quick question regarding the card readers (Sumup and iZettle).

I work rurally and a couple of the villages (down in dips) don't have a mobile phone signal. Most people there rely on Whatsapp.

I was wondering - I can see that they both use your mobile phone to get a connection. What would happen if I don't have a 3G/internet connection? Would the payment go through once I manage to obtain a signal i.e. back on the main road, or would I be standing at the customers door for ages whilst the phone was trying to connect but couldn't?

TIA

Wez

You can get paid via whatsapp mate if you look it up 

P4dstar
On 11/01/2019 at 08:40, wezza13 said:

Thank you for the advice WRT the SumUp v iZettle readers. 

If there's no difference between the two, then I'll order the SumUp when I get home on Monday.

Cheers.

SumUp takes a slightly lower %.. I mean like 0.01% less or something. I've had SumUp for ages.

If its any help the referral code below will get you a machine for £15. I've had 12 people use the code before from the site and yes they give me £10 fo every one. Before anyone jumps on me for that, I have been giving the money to charity.

http://fbuy.me/iMsxB

Benny M
On 13/01/2019 at 10:42, P4dstar said:

SumUp takes a slightly lower %.. I mean like 0.01% less or something. I've had SumUp for ages.

If its any help the referral code below will get you a machine for £15. I've had 12 people use the code before from the site and yes they give me £10 fo every one. Before anyone jumps on me for that, I have been giving the money to charity.

Thank you have used this - good to know there's people out there donating the cash onto charity - thank you 

P4dstar
45 minutes ago, Benny M said:

Thank you have used this - good to know there's people out there donating the cash onto charity - thank you 

Just in case it interests anyone I gave some to Cancer research last year but The bulk of it went to “Lend with care”. It was my wife’s idea as you get the money back from them and can reinvest it. You’re basically loaning money to people in the 3rd world to invest in a business, there are all different sizes etc. They pay it back over time, once it’s fully paid back you can reinvest it in another business.

wezza13
On 13/01/2019 at 10:42, P4dstar said:

Thank you for the offer - I would've taken you up on it but I'd decided to buy the iZettle instead.

I've had it for a few days and used it for a couple of transactions. Very easy to use!

Now there'll be no more excuses about not having any cash 😈