Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Go cardless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave Shaw

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so I'd like to start with a big hello.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how go cardless actually works. I'm guessing from information gathered that you have control over the payment or else you might as well just use a free bank transfer. Is there any restrictions to amounts payable and when as I can't see any of my customers giving me free reign over there bank accounts.

Any advice on using this service would be appreciated.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I started 3 weeks ago by putting link on website to payment page and have said via cards if they sign up to it they will not have a pay increase for 3 years as it will save me time and petrol and everyone who hasn't the price will be going up . Did a quick website on godaddy for under £80 for 3 years of had over 150 customers sign up off there backs

Ahh right. So the customer initially sets up how much you take and how often, just like a standing order. For example - £10 every two weeks. It's then up to you to decide when you actually take the payment. Was a bit worried that you decided how much to take and when.

Hi Dave , You send customer link to set it up, you then click on send invoice and request DD payment , customer then gets an email saying Dave has requested £xx and it will be leaving your account in 7 days . Customer always gets notice in advance of how much your requesting, pretty much same as phone bill, they always invoice first saying how much taking and when.

Good luck and all the best :)

Tom

You do get to decide how much to take. That's what the direct debit guarantee is for. You can take £1000 for a £10 clean if you want. Won't get very far though as the customer is backed by that guarantee which means if you do pull a stunt like that they will see the amount, cancel the payment and you won't get their money.

The great thing about being able to choose the amount is that if you do any extras for the customer you can then charge the extra on GoCardless.

The hardest part about GoCardless is actually getting the customers to sign up in the first place. @crystal vision 's idea is brilliant and I might just try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back