Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public liability

Kenny Q

Help.. anyone know of an insurance for public liability that ticks all the boxes. I'm finding it very confusing knowing if I'm fully covered. Many thanks....

A plan cover you as well for items worked on.

If you only clean windows you are paying for a lot of cover you don't need like carpets,pressure washing,con roofs,fsg,loss of customers keys etc all that cover comes at a cost gleaming came out at more than double for me.

Don't get me wrong if you offer a general cleaning service then you will be hard to find better than gleaming for items worked on and level of cover.

A lot of insurance companies are starting to understand the window cleaning industry with wfp and tanks in vans are common so a lot more offer a good insurance policy but some are not worth the paper they are written on.

Gleaming Insurance.
Also they are the ONLY one that coveres you for the item you are working on!

dos gleaming cover you for damage you may cause climbing on a roof?? or is it just the thing you are cleaning!

dos gleaming cover you for damage you may cause climbing on a roof?? or is it just the thing you are cleaning!
They cover me for any cleaning at upto 25 meters.

And just to be specific I am not talking about PROERTY being worked on I am talking about the ITEM.

Example you are cleaning the gutters, the gutters fall down a damage the bay windows. Almost all policies will cover the damage to the bay window. Hardly any cover the gutter as that's the part you were working on.

Be very VERY sure with your cover.

A while back we had an insurer on here and a few lads signed up because they got £25 each discount for refering a friend! A real smart way to pick a policy.

This insurer NEVER DID AND STILL DOES not cover the item being cleaned, their argument being that.....and I quote.... "it would be cheaper to pay the repairs yourself than make a claim, besides a window wouldn't be more than the £250 excess on the policy anyhow'

Well at the time he was saying that I knwe for a fact that on a certain heritage building I had the deal for there were two panes of glass worth £1400 each.. Very large curved panes. Had I broken one whilst cleaning that policy would be worth squat.

Even if you somehow managed to destroy a front door on a house that's a minimum of £700 these days.

We all pray we never need it but you want to be sure as hell the one have is the right one should you ever have to claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gleaming Insurance covers treatment risks as well so chemicals use on a item you are cleaning.

I have yet to see a policy as safeguarded

as Gleaming, I do builders cleans and want to know I am fully covered and not just hope I am

I am happy spending a extra £150-200 than having to potentially find £100's to £1,000's for not been fully covered.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What kind of money are we talking for Gleaming?

Their website is one of those call back/email one's, once you've entered all your details...

Bit of a faff...

What kind of money are we talking for Gleaming?Their website is one of those call back/email one's, once you've entered all your details...

Bit of a faff...
I got a quote online, they haven't hassled me with my details...

I got a quote online, they haven't hassled me with my details...
Sorry, didn't mean hassle, just thought I'd enter my details & hey presto it'd be calculated on the screen once i push enter.

after all, they just look at the statistics and then a mathematical calculations is done by the underwriting department of the insurance company.....

It's not rocket science.

I'll await my quote to come back..::):

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, didn't mean hassle, just thought I'd enter my details & hey presto it'd be calculated on the screen once i push enter.after all, they just look at the statistics and then a mathematical calculations is done by the underwriting department of the insurance company.....

It's not rocket science.

Sorry, didn't mean hassle, just thought I'd enter my details & hey presto it'd be calculated on the screen once i push enter.after all, they just look at the statistics and then a mathematical calculations is done by the underwriting department of the insurance company.....

It's not rocket science.

I'm with gleaming insurance 19 pound odd per month and I'm covered for 3 million pounds

Latest Posts

Back