Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where does everyone pick up their pressure washing work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

I did consider posting this in the advertising section, but it was more specific to you guys so just wondered where pressure washing jobs come from generally?

I have this as a service on my website and its something I have had zero interest in although I have ranked high and get lots of window cleaning contact usually.

After making the wfp transition (ongoing) this would perhaps be a sensible next step for me.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks green I did think existing first. That will only go so far was my thinking though. For a steady stream of long term work I was wondering.

Once you get a custys drive be sure every neighbor on the street knows it.

Hell luv, just to let you know i've been hired to clean Marys drive at number 17. It will be a bit noisey throughout the day so my apologies but if there's anything I can do for you here's my card.

As soon I got my pressure washer I washed my own drive.

It was a week ago and I have already 2 jobs booked on my street.

They just knocked on my door and asked who did it and I gave them my card.

p.s. initially I got a petrol powered pressure washer just for myself without thinking to ad it to my services any time soon, but it turns out there is a demand out there and now I am stuck with 2 customers and 6.5hp.. Upgrade needed ASAP!

I also ranked high for pressure washing for ages and got next to nowt.

Existing customers are ok but if your area is owt like mine fairly working class with a mix of terrace semis and the odd detatched and you are charging around a tenner for windows then what you will find is most people have relatively small areas wanting cleaning like a driveway or a patio etc.

So the size of job you can pick up Is pretty small and if they are only paying a tenner for their windoes how much do you reckon they'll pay for pressure washing. I get asked on occasion but rarely get any decent quotes accepted as people are looking to pay 30 quid or something.

You have to ask yourself is it worth all the faffing around getting there setting up doing the job and tidying etc for small low prices jobs. The answer in not really.

Imo to make money with add on work you need to be in affluent areas with big projects that want doing.

I've tried so many services but I've come to the conclusion there simply isn't the size of jobs or the right customers to pay what I want to charge. If I can do 30-40 an hour on the glass why mess about.

I also ranked high for pressure washing for ages and got next to nowt.
Existing customers are ok but if your area is owt like mine fairly working class with a mix of terrace semis and the odd detatched and you are charging around a tenner for windows then what you will find is most people have relatively small areas wanting cleaning like a driveway or a patio etc.

So the size of job you can pick up Is pretty small and if they are only paying a tenner for their windoes how much do you reckon they'll pay for pressure washing. I get asked on occasion but rarely get any decent quotes accepted as people are looking to pay 30 quid or something.

You have to ask yourself is it worth all the faffing around getting there setting up doing the job and tidying etc for small low prices jobs. The answer in not really.

Imo to make money with add on work you need to be in affluent areas with big projects that want doing.

I've tried so many services but I've come to the conclusion there simply isn't the size of jobs or the right customers to pay what I want to charge. If I can do 30-40 an hour on the glass why mess about.
Totally agree I started out just on the glass then custys would ask do you know who could do this and that. Well hello I'm here!! I would think to myself. What with messing around getting quotes together pricing materials etc. Then actually doing the job. Totally not worth it. Works out about £10 an hour - no thanks I'm now sticking to glass sod the rest pass it onto mates

I offer it but do not push it as i am expensive. Noticed this week lots of vans about with blokes walking the streets knocking doors for work. Very competitive round my way. All looking for cash jobs /emoticons/sad.png

Totally agree I started out just on the glass then custys would ask do you know who could do this and that. Well hello I'm here!! I would think to myself. What with messing around getting quotes together pricing materials etc. Then actually doing the job. Totally not worth it. Works out about £10 an hour - no thanks I'm now sticking to glass sod the rest pass it onto mates
Perhaps early days mate but with not a lot of effort and a bit of homework and practice you soon know off the top of your head the costs of materials etc and will be able to price jobs on sight alone.

I offer it but do not push it as i am expensive. Noticed this week lots of vans about with blokes walking the streets knocking doors for work. Very competitive round my way. All looking for cash jobs /emoticons/sad.png
Report them

Report for what? Am I missing something here. They may be looking for cash jobs but that's not to say they are not necessarily putting it through the books. Perhaps their prices will be more of a reflection as to whether they are or not,unsure of that one.

I think I could canvass this service locally to me actually,in certain areas of wealth here. Over a weekend I think this could defo get me some jobs.

Report them
Report them to who ?? It's a free country ,I don't agree with people claiming the dole and working but genuine people have the right to canvas who and where they like I don't have a problem with anyone canvassing my jobs as I have a very loyal customer base and they would rather use me than a stranger Evan if Ime a bit dearer

Report them
Bit strong... I run a perfectly above board business as I'm sure a lot of people here do!! BUT this is a window cleaner forum and if your gonna talk about reporting people every time someone might take cash you'd be on the phone grassing a lot of people up! [emoji23][emoji23] Report people for knocking on doors and asking to be paid cash? That's not a solution that's a dirty move lol.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Chris crack on, the results never fail to impress. It's nice gig to get after a week on the windows a full Saturday pressure washing, good to have something different way. I look at it I know every week without extras that crop up how much I'm going to make so when I get asked for a price I price high and don't negotiate. Always have a minimum price in mind however big a job e.g. £70 and after a few you'll no where you'll stand. Must admit my confidence with pricing pressure washing jobs came a lot sooner than confidence in pricing windows and having confidence in pricing is a big thing for me

I mean the cash, not the canvassing. If they're insistent on cash, odds are they're fiddlers.

Why not do it? Or would it be bad to penalise people that cause us to pay more tax in their place? I don't personally do it, because I take my business that seriously that the competition never worries me!

I hear you @meridion but if I was doing this type of job or a roof clean for example; I would insist on cash on the day simply because I'm guaranteed my money and it's a big hit if there is issues there.

If it was an existing customer then online would be fine. This is the principle I have always set for add ons to existing customers v one off jobs.

Perhaps early days mate but with not a lot of effort and a bit of homework and practice you soon know off the top of your head the costs of materials etc and will be able to price jobs on sight alone.

@meridion . I took £3350 in cash on one single job alone last year.

Why? Cause when I handed in the invoice the client handed me a fat envelope stuffed with notes. That's simply how THEY chose to pay me.

Based on your reasoning as it was cash I must have deliberately avoided paying any dues on it. :rolleyes:

Seriously?

Back