Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More GoCardless questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi I've read quite a few posts but still not clear. So once you've set it up you clean the windows, come home, log on, request the amount you want, Customer gets notification of payment in 7 days, you get cleared payment in 7days. Is that right?

Also, how do you introduce the customer to it? Do you do it in person? Can it be done with a letter if they're hard to get in?

Thanks.

I was going to start a new thread about gocardless then I saw this, I spoke to them on the phone and it seems they want you to email your customer with the registration link so they can do it themselves instead of you doing for them. The problem with that is that they don't do it when you email them.

MIne sign up via my website were their is a reasonable amount of info for them to read through and links to GC so they can feel safe and comfortable in signing up to the direct debit .

It all depends on how you position it. We have the link in our emails to every customer as the preferred payment method. Any new customer that signs up is told this is the default unless they absolutely object most are fine that a service like this is offered. 

One of the first things we did was to send a mailshot to all our customers via email newsletter with a sign up link so they could self register.

Round partner had just integrated this into there system. So you can make requests there and then.

Not something I can see me buying into. I get almost all my customers in, paid cash. The ones I don't, pay online through my site.

Any given time I am only owed from about 15/20 customers. I would love you give up collecting. But I would rather do it, instead of paying charges on every job.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back