Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing practice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Bit of practice at home with Benz Blackwash on my wall cappings...sprayed on, brushed in and dwell for about 45 mins and rinsed off x 2.

20170325_145028.jpg

20170326_171333.jpg

Looks good, but that stuff is very expensive , why not buy the hypo put a bit of soap in it with sent mask and have the same thing for a fraction of the cost , that's what we do save yourself a lot of money over the year .

Looks good, but that stuff is very expensive , why not buy the hypo put a bit of soap in it with sent mask and have the same thing for a fraction of the cost , that's what we do save yourself a lot of money over the year .
What soap do you use with hypo?

Any liquid soap( I buy it in 5ltr cans) or washing up liquid mix it in a bucket first or it will go like a gel in the bottom of the sprayer it's not expensive and acts as a good surficant

Isn't it safer to use than hypo?
I think you will find the main ingredient is hypo with soap and a sent and they charge the earth for it , also if you mix your own it goes a lot further as it's 15% , if memory serves me well black wash is only 10% ???

1 litre of Blackwash costs £3.32 which gives you 6 litres of ready to use stuff at 5:1 and 11 litres at 10:1.

Just stick it on the bill as materials at whatever price you want, people rarely question materials that cheap.

1 litre of Blackwash costs £3.32 which gives you 6 litres of ready to use stuff at 5:1 and 11 litres at 10:1.Just stick it on the bill as materials at whatever price you want, people rarely question materials that cheap.
Yes that's my point so a 20ltr of black wash drum will cost over £66 I pay £15 for 20/25 ltr drum oh 15%hypo which will go a lot further as well . In business the object is to maximise profit with minimal expense surely ? All you are paying for is them to mix it and dilute it it's easy to do it yourself and save a fortune but it's up to you if you are happy to pay through the nose for it , but if you are doing a lot of large jobs like we do it wouldn't be viable to pay those inflated prices or to carry all the extra cans to site

Isn't it safer to use than hypo?
No as it is Hypo.

I think you will find the main ingredient is hypo with soap and a sent and they charge the earth for it , also if you mix your own it goes a lot further as it's 15% , if memory serves me well black wash is only 10% ???
Yes and no. However 10% SH os more stable has a longer shelf life. If you read the labels of most 15% barrels it says 'between 5% & 15%"

1 litre of Blackwash costs £3.32 which gives you 6 litres of ready to use stuff at 5:1 and 11 litres at 10:1.Just stick it on the bill as materials at whatever price you want, people rarely question materials that cheap.
Black wash is £83 for a 25 litre drum. (Ex delivery) With a little homework you can make your own. My homebrew which is a 10% base with surfactants and scent mask costs me £12 for 25 litres. Does EXACTLY the same job a Benz does.

Still goes on bill as an expense but makes me £71 more profit.

There is not a thing wrong with Blackwash if you are not confident in what you are doing. However all the info is out there to be found so when you're ready to move along let your fingers do the walking.

Just read a thread on FB softwash page and user says he's tried both 50/50 on a job and Blackwash out performed the hypo easily.

Yes that's my point so a 20ltr of black wash drum will cost over £66 I pay £15 for 20/25 ltr drum oh 15%hypo which will go a lot further as well . In business the object is to maximise profit with minimal expense surely ? All you are paying for is them to mix it and dilute it it's easy to do it yourself and save a fortune but it's up to you if you are happy to pay through the nose for it , but if you are doing a lot of large jobs like we do it wouldn't be viable to pay those inflated prices or to carry all the extra cans to site

Just read a thread on FB softwash page and user says he's tried both 50/50 on a job and Blackwash out performed the hypo easily.
i haven't personally used blackwash but know people who have I would take what's said on fb with a pinch of salt most on there haven't got a clue what there talking about still say mixing your own is better and cheaper but everyone to there own

Some muppet that is obviously clueless as Blackwash IS hypo so hence cant 'out perform itself'

I currently use over 500L per month of Hypo and wouldnt do so if it didnt work.

I've used both on the same day, though Blackwash out performs hypo it's the cost that makes its none viable compared to hypo. I.e hypo at £12 per 25 litre drum can be banged on neat for immediate results. But you couldn't afford to do that with blackwash..
1791bc888487c4bb22a96dacafa6c48b.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've used both on the same day, though Blackwash out performs hypo it's the cost that makes its none viable compared to hypo. I.e hypo at £12 per 25 litre drum can be banged on neat for immediate results. But you couldn't afford to do that with blackwash..
1791bc888487c4bb22a96dacafa6c48b.jpg

It cant 'outperform' mate. Read the SDS sheets. 10% Hypo IS theactive ingredient in Blackwash. There is nothing 'more' or 'magical' in Blackwash that can make it clean better.

This is a fact. Just ask Benz if you are still not convinced by all the logical and factual information provided.

Placebo effect is great. Especially when you pay 7 or 8 times more than you should.

Half the FB users claiming they have used this and that cry when they have to spend £2 on some squeegee rubber so what makes you think they could force themselves to part with £80 when they know there are much cheaper options?

It cant 'outperform' mate. Read the SDS sheets. 10% Hypo IS theactive ingredient in Blackwash. There is nothing 'more' or 'magical' in Blackwash that can make it clean better.
This is a fact. Just ask Benz if you are still not convinced by all the logical and factual information provided.

Placebo effect is great. Especially when you pay 7 or 8 times more than you should.

Half the FB users claiming they have used this and that cry when they have to spend £2 on some squeegee rubber so what makes you think they could force themselves to part with £80 when they know there are much cheaper options?
Exactly there is so much mis information I bet half these people haven't Evan used it , next thing is they are posting something like what dilution rate should I use or where can I buy it etc they are all mouth and no action types

Can I just say I don't use Blackwash And there is a difference in the two of them, Blackwash has got a so called magical ingredient and if u don't know what it is you shouldn't be spraying SH, to many experts after a wet day

Lol sounds like solar steve "you will die if you clean solar panels without going on my course first "look at the data sheet for it there is no magical ingredient it's hypo with soap, sent and it doesn't do anything that hypo doesn't do just as well , if you spray it with the correct nozzles you don't get overspray we use loads each year without any problem just like green pro

Latest Posts

Back