Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Adding another reel

Scott Burn

hi I started my window cleaning round a couple of months ago and it's going really well I have decided to add another reel but don't want to add another pump. How do I run 2 reels off 1 pump surely it will feed the closest Reel to the pump first?

Thanks in advance

Split your feeder hose with a Y hozlelock with lever directors. Piece of doddle :thumbsup:
Thanks for reply what do you mean leaver directors? When you turn 1 hose off will it double the speed on the other pole?

Ah, I didn't realise you wanted to run both reels at the same time. I have reels opposite sides of my tank so can switch from one to the other depending what way my van is parked.

Bed time, shattered

The water will speed up/slow down if on pump is being used with two reels.

If your determined not to fit a second pump, just get a backpack and some 25L barrels for your helper /emoticons/smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
hi I started my window cleaning round a couple of months ago and it's going really well I have decided to add another reel but don't want to add another pump. How do I run 2 reels off 1 pump surely it will feed the closest Reel to the pump first?Thanks in advance
Just add another pump and controller, even if there was a way to use same pump for both I wouldn't risk it. If ever that pump stops you've got 2 guys not working that day which you have to pay and the work not being finished...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

False economy I.m.o buying a cheap pump. Beg, steal or borrow, but find the money for a shurflo 100psi pump

I already have 1 shurflo pump and could probably afford another 1 but couldn't afford the controller aswell

False economy I.m.o buying a cheap pump. Beg, steal or borrow, but find the money for a shurflo 100psi pump
I already have 1 shurflo pump and could probably afford another 1 but couldn't afford the controller aswell

You could run the pump on full and use a tap between your pole hose and reel hose to control the water pressure. This way you wouldn't need a controller

You could run the pump on full and use a tap between your pole hose and reel hose to control the water pressure. This way you wouldn't need a controller

Could you put a tap on the hose between the pump and the reel I did have a tap on the hose but it got in the way while reeling the hose in so I did away with it and got a univalve

Could you put a tap on the hose between the pump and the reel I did have a tap on the hose but it got in the way while reeling the hose in so I did away with it and got a univalve

Yep, that can be done

thankd for the replys think I'll just put another pump in but money is tight at the min and suggestions on a cheap pump and cheap way to control water flow

Hey buddy, I'm not sure where your based and what your making but if your ready for second set up you must be fairly busy?? I'm sure it's about £180 for pump and controller?! I might be wrong I can't exactly remember BUT I wouldn't buy cheap at this point, you'll only end up buying twice [emoji85][emoji85]

Just an update I bought another pump and controller ( not yet been delivered ) so I just added another reel to my original pump just put a t piece in going to new reel and it works perfectly so I'm just gonna leave it like that and keep my new pump as a spare

Just an update I bought another pump and controller ( not yet been delivered ) so I just added another reel to my original pump just put a t piece in going to new reel and it works perfectly so I'm just gonna leave it like that and keep my new pump as a spare
When you say working perfectly, do you mean with two people, or switching from different sides of the van as a solo worker?

When you say working perfectly, do you mean with two people, or switching from different sides of the van as a solo worker?
Yes mate I mean with two people the water speed doesn't speed up or slow down when the other pole is on or off

Back