Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac tools help?

paul1

Hi guys I use a gutter vac system happy with it and always do a good job just odd occasion big clump wont budge are there any gutter tools/spikes/hooks etc that can be used on end of a pole or the vac poles to pull out the blockage without cracking out the ladders ? if so which best to go for and where to buy? cheers all

paul1

Hi guys I use a gutter vac system happy with it and always do a good job just odd occasion big clump wont budge are there any gutter tools/spikes/hooks etc that can be used on end of a pole or the vac poles to pull out the blockage without cracking out the ladders ? if so which best to go for and where to buy? cheers all
paul1
This company send a load of tools out with their systems, not the best quality, but decent enough. Not sure if they sell tools separately though? Pole sets

I made a lot of my own using solvent weld waist pipe in different sizes works a treat and very cheap to make

Christ I had one today it was a nightmare just wouldn't budge... What should of been an hour job ended up being three hours..

Was thinking after it maybe I should of put a hose pipe up there for twenty minutes to put some moisture in it to try and losen it up..

I had step Ladders on van which were not high enough but I took the filter out of the vac and took a section of pole out of the main pole stood on top of step Ladders and finally managed to get a bit of extra suction..

If the gutter is bad I use gardiner gutter spike to wet everything up attach it to there water and leave it at one end while I work from the other great bit of kit also helped when some are frozen early on in the morning .

I was testing my new vac on some well stuffed gutter, couldn't shift a few big tufts that were well n truly wedged in, hanging gardens of babylon stuff. Spent ages trying to stab it with normal tool, then thought ooh there's a weedhook wonder if that will work, it basically looks like a bent fork, done the job. Got machine from 1800 carbon fibre kits got the 40ft carbon fibre kit, also ordered the downpipe cleaner, but still waiting for about a month now for it, seemingly their getting it in, but still waiting.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had another pain in the a s s one today. The trouble I have found is when someone has let it grow for a long time and the soil and plant that has formed has gone right down the down pipe and its so wedged in... I got it out in the end but it doesn't look good to people watching, a lot just say get some ladders, job done in 5 min..

Think I might just strap a spike to the end of my pole. Will use a a couple of jubilee clips. That backed up with pumping water into the gutter.

PJJ could you show us some pictures of these home made tools. Sounds like a great idea. Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hear you go this is a small selection of the ones I have made , takes less than 5 minutes to make one up , if it's not right shape just trim it down then glue it up job done , I don't see any point in paying £10-20 per end when you can make them for less than a pound a go

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

Back