Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A few questions for the tech savvy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spudly

Hiya gents, I have a few Qs for the tech savvy amongst you of you could give your opinions?.

1. Google adwords? Worth it?

I am thinking for windows maybe not so good ROI. Gutter cleans, pressure washing maybe so.

2. Those who use adwords. How much do you spend a month?

3. I live near ish a big city. Although I do quite well in the smaller towns. I want to rank well in the city, is it worth setting up a new site, getting a friend to add me on google plus so I rank well in the city. Would link new site to my one as a partner site. Diff address and site though and another phone number.

4. How many different websites do you all have? Im guessing a fair few have several, one for windows, pw, roof cleaning etc?

Thanks!!

Feel free to pm if you dont want to answer on the forum.

I'm hoping I can help! My background was running a marketing agency.

1. Google Adwords used correctly 110% works! I use it only for window cleaning as that's all I've been looking for recently. If you choose your search terms etc carefully you can get a very low cost per click (CPC). When that happens you can afford to have people just browsing and then when you do get a genuine enquiry it'll be worth it. The items such as gutter cleans etc will have a higher CPC. In our area pressure washing is currently running at £3.95 per click. For us it's just not worth competing on that.

2. We currently spend somewhere between £90-£150 per month. Can't see why you would need to spend anymore!

3. I don't believe at all in various sites. Normally web guys will tell you yes because they make money from the hosting however in practice a good website with good content for various locations and services will do you better than lots of different ones! About 5 years ago things were different we had one customer who offered a nationwide professional service that had 364 separate websites all performing well. One day Google dropped them all and a month later the company was put through. I would just stick to one great site that shows off everything you do. Use your blog to attract different services and from different locations.

4. One website is all I have and it's all I'll ever need no matter how far we expand in terms of geographical location.

Do you use Facebook? If not that's your biggest source of new customers your missing out on. In the last 24 hours I've had 12 new customers from one Facebook post. Happy to share proof and the post with you via DM. Any questions just ask away!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi jgw,

I'm looking to successfully advertise with Facebook but not in the buy and sell groups for various reasons.

Just looking for window cleaning customers and if we compare that to say someone doing carpets they can put a nice quick video up that looks good and has instant results lots of views and feedback like the gutter cleaning ones, now with windows it's just not the same so we loose the power of the video in my opinion. My question is would promoting the business page through the sponsored call now and like now options or by boosting a post of say a picture of the van be best? And does it take a few days, weeks to start sewing some decent results. I've tried both and not had success

Been slowly losing money to Facebook the last week and not had one customer

Back