Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slurry

WCF

Help Support WCF:

maddydog

Worst bit about pressure washing for me. Just wondered what you folks do about the inevitable slurry that forms when tackling mossy/muddy drives. At the minute I shovel mine into garden waste containers and take it away with me but it's a pita and messes up my nice clean van /emoticons/biggrin.png

I use a large garden bin with lots of holes drilled into the bottom. Using a plastic snow shovell i put the slurry into it, the holes in the bottom lets the water escape and at the end of the job just empty it into heavy duty rubble bags and take away. I usually empty it onto my own garden as its quite good soil conditioner.

Dennis

Thanks all for your input.

I do try and put it in their green bins but i can tell some aren't happy with this because of the weight i guess.

I reckon it would cause a stink with some neighbours if i just blasted it down the street /emoticons/biggrin.png. I'm thinking Dennis's way might be best so at least if i use their bin or a quiet bit of the garden the weight/volume will be reduced

Thanks all for your input.I do try and put it in their green bins but i can tell some aren't happy with this because of the weight i guess.

I reckon it would cause a stink with some neighbours if i just blasted it down the street /emoticons/biggrin.png. I'm thinking Dennis's way might be best so at least if i use their bin or a quiet bit of the garden the weight/volume will be reduced
i do similar to dennis but if its a front drive i brush it into road just above the gutter line so gravity draws most of the water back into the gutter and down the drain , and as he says either take the remainder away or spread over flower beds as it makes good fertilizer as long as its not covered in hypo :rofl:

Latest Posts

Back