Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascia Charging

THL4KEL

Hi all i decided to start offering fascia cleaning.

I already offer gutter vac and charge 3 quid a meter as a rule of thumb.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on how much I should be charging for the fascia cleaning by meter?

Not a blonde moment then, just a different place moment! I wouldn't dream of those prices for cleaning out gutters then cleaning outside plastics and facias [emoji85][emoji85] pricing can be so different on this forum dependant on location

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I was thinking the same!!

I sincerely hope your pricing is a lot more Luca or am I just ridiculously expensive?!

This is what im a bit worried about, i don't want to screw myself by offering facia cleaning and then cutting into my three quid a metre on gutter and not making that much more..

I did quite a big job few months back and done

Clear the guttering,clean it and done the facia £120 . Took me about 6 hours. Customers was happy with price and over the moon with the work

Sometimes best to try and work out how long it will take then work a price out hourly for your self do it that way. Sometimes that's what I do

This is what im a bit worried about, i don't want to screw myself by offering facia cleaning and then cutting into my three quid a metre on gutter and not making that much more..
Hey, well don't put separate services together then!! Gutter cleaning = one service, facias cleaning = one service. These are massively different jobs in my opinion so don't offer them in the same breath, not saying you can't offer discount if your doing a lot of jobs in one day but it's important they realise and value each of them correctly. [emoji1303]

Have a look on quotation check to see the average prices for gutter clean.. £3 per meter is very cheap.

the prices for London are around £150 for 15 meters, £125 in Birmingham.

pricing can be so different on this forum dependant on location
Don't believe it has a thing to do with location. More to do with the operator. There is a lad round here does a great job for a third of what I charge.

I did quite a big job few months back and doneClear the guttering,clean it and done the facia £120 . Took me about 6 hours. Customers was happy with price and over the moon with the work

Sometimes best to try and work out how long it will take then work a price out hourly for your self do it that way. Sometimes that's what I do

6 hours of my life for £120 is rather painful. However when you consider it's £20 per hour for cleaning then not such a bad rate at all.

Hey, well don't put separate services together then
I have never considered these seperate services. I do on occasion, after having priced a clearance and clean of the gutters give a clear only price if they think clean and clear is too much. It is only about 20% less though.

IMG_0865.JPG Did this yesterday. All fascia boards, window frames, gutters and a small conservatory lean too with flat roof and 5 panels.

£225. Done in 2 hours and 30 mins of that was drinking tea and chatting about the 900cc Triumph chopper in the garage.

It was 2 top windows, 1 bottom window and door on the front.

Two top windows the small conny and door on the back.

IMG_0866.JPG

Don't believe it has a thing to do with location. More to do with the operator. There is a lad round here does a great job for a third of what I charge.

6 hours of my life for £120 is rather painful. However when you consider it's £20 per hour for cleaning then not such a bad rate at all.

I have never considered these seperate services. I do on occasion, after having priced a clearance and clean of the gutters give a clear only price if they think clean and clear is too much. It is only about 20% less though.

View attachment 14099 View attachment 14100 Did this yesterday. All fascia boards, window frames, gutters and a small conservatory lean too with flat roof and 5 panels.

£225. Done in 2 hours and 30 mins of that was drinking tea and chatting about the 900cc Triumph chopper in the garage.

That's the thing though where else you going earn £20 a hour. I only started up in Nov last year so all about baby steps at moment

If you're happy with that it's great mate especially to start with! Over time you'll gain confidence and experience. With both of those comes the ability to demand a higher price and also you'll be quicker and therefore your hourly rate will increase. Keep at it and you'll reap the rewards!

View attachment 14099 View attachment 14100 Did this yesterday. All fascia boards, window frames, gutters and a small conservatory lean too with flat roof and 5 panels.

Mr Green, I quite like your business model and your experience is obviously enough that you know what your worth and how to charge (but everyone is not you) I disagree that its all one, again different areas, maybe not for price (I don't know price is a fact but thats just the feeling I get on here) but for what works, then areas are different. I don't advertise facias, I do them don't get me wrong but always think people waste space on their van with "facia cleans".. its not an area I want to pursue as don't see growth or time vs money (round this area), compared to gutters alone, conservatories, windows and hard surfaces (drive/patio/walls etc) they are all massively profitable and in abundance... facias less so

Also £20 an hour is not anything i'd even consider... we'd be losing money. I know thats not what your making so you don't have to defend that but I worry that the new guys fool themselves into thinking this is all worth it for £120 a day (now if your new and make £120 a day but have only got enough work for 3 hours then thats fine, infact well done keep it up). 6 hours grafting and then travel and prep so 8 hours really... factor in diesel, tax (you may be avoiding that now but your setting a precedence on price for the future) uniform, advertising, eqiuptment, van depreciation, I could go on but I realise you know all these things... By the time the new guy is being honest with himself he's on £10 an hour... I'd rather work for someone else and have no stress for that!! Just food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing though where else you going earn £20 a hour. I only started up in Nov last year so all about baby steps at moment
If thats your work in your profile pic then your gonna do well, that is NOT £20 an hour work though so bear that in mind. Its ok not to have the amount of work in the beginning to consistently make £220 a day for example BUT you gotta price yourself right or its gonna tumble when you do get busy. So for example when I started I'd go out at 9 and be finished by 11 sometimes but I'd still price correctly so when I got busier and started doing 9-2 my wage went up accordingly and so on. I hope that makes sense.

What did you have attached to the Karcher to do the job?

It looks like a Karcher pressure washer in one of the pictures Mr Green.

Yeah in pic one.

Reason I ask is I am still thinking of how to clean the facia...

Was thinking of just scrubbing it with water fed pole and back pack.

Putting some UBIK 2000 through the back pack, which might not do the pump any favours..

Or maybe blasting level stuff with the pressure washer which might be a bit powerful. But I do have a little Karcher K2 that might be better.

In a perfect world I would steer clear of facia because my three quid per meter equates to around 44 -55 quid a house and most of the time I can get the job done in close to an hour.

Just a few people asking me to clean them and I dont wanna lose work if I dont offer it.

Latest Posts

Back