Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most annoying windows ever!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt123

Had a first clean on a house this morning. On all the windows the black from the rubber seals was coming off. Has anyone ever come across this? Went through nearly all my cloths and now the are black. Even after the seals are wiped they still give off black. See pictures. Just trying to build a round and it's opposite to a house a already do so don't really want to ditch it. Is there anything that can stop this? Thanks

20170329_125219.jpg

20170329_123553.jpg

Had a first clean on a house this morning. On all the windows the black from the rubber seals was coming off. Has anyone ever come across this? Went through nearly all my cloths and now the are black. Even after the seals are wiped they still give off black. See pictures. Just trying to build a round and it's opposite to a house a already do so don't really want to ditch it. Is there anything that can stop this? Thanks
The thing is to wipe up to, but not, the black seal. If then it runs off the seal just wipe up, again not the seal. Best thing you can do is use less water so that it doesn't run off like that. I know it's a first clean, but it is possible to do it without having water running down the frame.

Have a look at this vid: YouTube

I just clean them as normal and then wipe frames etc with a wet cloth to get rid of the black

It is where the rubber has oxidised over time and the oxidisation dissolves in water

It can be fixed with a good scrub with wfp and some screwfix degreaser until it has all gone but harder to remove trad

Last edited by a moderator:
As my other thread said I had this problem on a house just started using some Lidl rinse aid and didn't get a black run got another bungalow next week that run black . Have found in the past when detailing start at one corner wipe to next corner then lift cloth off glass then repeat for other sides as staining always seems to be when changing direction at corners .

Back