Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Key Fob Remote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rob157

I've just started using the water fed pole on my window cleaning round and was wondering if anyone has tried adding a key fob remote to turn the pump on and off? Was it easy to add?

Buy univalve instead.

Much better than remote and will always work no matter how far you get from pump or how many corners you've turned.

Buy univalve instead.
Much better than remote and will always work no matter how far you get from pump or how many corners you've turned.
Same here, I've been using my Univalve for a few weeks it's great and easy to fit.

Only slight downside is it sometimes needs a bigger tug in warmer weather, due to more flexibility, but that could be my hose.

Thanks, I've thought about the Univalve, the manufacturers said that the hose needs to be changed to a non stretch one. Did you both do that? Cheers

I've heard good things about other hoses that people on here have changed to but I'm still using Gardiner's standard hose and haven't had any problems with the Univalve since buying it last summer.

I really rate the univalve would not change it on my three main poles, but on my 4' pole I have the gardiner gooseneck valve and it's lighting fast just another option to think about.

I have one shot, bought univalve and now put on 2nd pole, I use with gardiners all weather and not an issue.

On a separate not I find the univalve pressures the pump and battery a bit as it is dead ending not pausing so I use one shot as well to pause the battery and help with life[emoji6]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The univalve is fine when collapsing the pole etc, however, if you are not near the van and have a chatty customer or you get a phone call etc, the one shot comes into its own as it turns the pump off stone dead whereas a univalve will build up back pressure in the pump

one shot is better for the pump if you have a chatty customer etc as it turns the pump off stone dead so no back pressure.

They are easyish to fit, four wires.

I also use a univalve for collapsing the pole etc

Back